Rollover dates of bond futures

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by CoolTrader, Aug 29, 2005.

1. newbunch, how can you know the IB rule?

#21     Aug 30, 2005
  2. newbunch

newbunch

#22     Aug 30, 2005
  3. mhashe

mhashe

#23     Aug 30, 2005
  4. newbunch

newbunch

No offense, but you guys really should read my old posts since I'm getting tired of answering this.

I have an automated quantitivate system that trades the S&P 500 and 10-year Treasury Bond based on fundamental and technicals indicators. It's built in Excel and trades through IB.

I am long and rolled over my position because my system says I should be long. I typically hold bond positions for 5 to 20 weeks. I can hold my S&P position for a few years at a time (I was long from October 2002 until June 2005.

#24     Aug 30, 2005
  5. have you systems backtesting determined that
    trading short term ( say intraday - a few days )
    does not produce positive returns for you,
    or that the results lag long term swing or buy an hold style ?

if you have a good track record doing this you might want to consider managing money for the Fees alone.

good luck ...

-I have an automated quantitivate system that trades the S&P 500 and 10-year Treasury Bond based on fundamental and technicals indicators. It's built in Excel and trades through IB.-

-I am long and rolled over my position because my system says I should be long. I typically hold bond positions for 5 to 20 weeks. I can hold my S&P position for a few years at a time (I was long from October 2002 until June 2005.-

#25     Sep 1, 2005
  6. newbunch

newbunch

I did manage money, but got out due to the ridiculous amount of regulation. If I make enough trading my own and some family money, why should I add all that work just to make some more. I'm not that greedy.

I have backtested my system. My current system is weekly. I've also tested it as a daily system (a while ago) and the results were nearly the same. So why trade more and work more for no extra returns?

#26     Sep 1, 2005