Romanian cuisine

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aquarians, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Hope you're not offended by meat :p

Take 1Kg of meat:
    - 500 grams of pork neck (preferred because it has lots of fat in addition to muscle)
    - 500 grams of pork sausage (also includes lots of fat in the mix but also can include small amounts of parts like brains or liver)

1) Fill a 2 liters bowl of water for boiling.
    2) Crush 3-4 bulbs of garlic, throw them in the water.
    3) Throw a teaspoon of salt into the water.
    5) (If you have it, if not also OK): throw half a teaspoon of finely grained black pepper into the water.
    6) Chop the muscle and sausage in serving pieces and throw them into the water. Put to boil.

1.jpg

2. AR15

AR15

What’s it look like when finished

3. Boils for 2 hours but it's the last 5 frying minutes that count. "Only" 50 minutes invested and you have a fad tasting soup. 5 minutes extra and you have charcoal.

2.jpg

4. So any opinions? Americans told me it's disgusting. Boiling things in the first place as opposed to roast beef.

I think it's the intersection of cultures what you see here.

There's the "broth/soup" culture which keeps adding water to that meat as it evaporates.
    And there's the "roast beef" culture which never even considered adding water in the first place and finds the very thought of water utterly disgusting. Afterall they invented the tan pigment in whiskey to distinguish it from water and avoid accidentally poisoning themselves.

5. salad.jpg

6. This is sort of a typical meal I'd eat with my peasant grandparents, though almost never for dinner, when proper meal was prepared. 99% percent of the time I remember eating this I was in a corn field, plowing weed or something.

Sort of a fast-food on-the-field.

Well of course you can eat this today as a high-class salad. Like back in the day, or a proper food or something instead of "quick". But to some degree what I liked about this thing in the field was that we only took bread and the blue dish from home. The white dish was what we found (usually known and expected) but sometimes surprising, on the field.

7. LacesOut

LacesOut

7D11E4E6-502A-442A-A4F0-6A7AD553B937.jpeg
    food was awesome in Bucharest. My customer took me to ‘the top restaurant in Bucharest’...interestingly a different customer took me to the ‘top restaurant in Bucharest’ the next night. Different places. Food was amazing. City was amazing. Holy fuck the broads.

8. Another round in the making ...

another_round.jpg

9. Also choice of beer ... I was tempted by this: 5 liters for $1.5 bucks.
    sale.jpg

But went for the regular, a single bottle more expensive than the whole pack above:
    peroni.jpg

10. The mied has run out. I have no more supplies for the day (shops close at 20:00, tried gas stations which remain open all night for the needing, got my fines from police and paid them thank you).

mied.jpg

#10     Apr 29, 2021