Samsung 2343BWX

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Chagi, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Chagi

Chagi

Recently bought one of these, 23" with 2048 x 1152 resolution, was approx. $200CND. Excellent bang for the buck, effectively a cheap 24" monitor for the price of a 20-22" model, only downside is that some older video cards may not support this resolution via DVI (had to use analogue connection for my card).

Just wanted to pass this along to other forum members. :)

2. you can get Samsung 2494W 24"1080p LCD for around $165 from dell. It's dead now, but it comes back every other week or so.

3. jumper

jumper

Totally different lcd. The resolution is the key.

4. wahh! that res is crazy for that screen size. Whats it like to look at? can it be turned vertically? I might buy one.

5. That's always been the big issue with these widescreens...the aspect ratio provides a distorted single-screen view. For the best effect with these monitors, you must purchase special screen management software to place 2 application windows into a single wide screen. Otherwise, just get two smaller non-wide screens for less than half the price.

6. mikesd

mikesd

I bought one of these too to test out as replacement for the rest of my screens. Paid about $240 I think including tax and recycle fee. It is fantastic. awsome resolution and size. Its also brighter than any other monitor I have. Very happy with it and will Replace the rest with this model.