Scalping is Risky?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Coner1980, Jul 22, 2020.

1. FahadMd

FahadMd

when you have very poor money management then scalping could be dangerous , so be strong first of all on MM if you really want to bring profit by means of scalping.

#211     Dec 16, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.
  2. scalping requires alot of technical knowledge and understanding of the market, also strict trading discipline as well so it can be consider very risky for new trader that wanna try scalping/

#212     Dec 16, 2021
  3. thanks for your nice share , got a very good description with some fine lines. good post.

#213     Dec 16, 2021
  4. Tritical

Tritical

Yes, scalping is a risky strategy because you have to make quick profits in a short period of time. Traders also have to do multiple trades to make substantial profits and if you are bad with emotions, then it can backfire. Scalpers shouldn’t risk more than 5% of their capital per trade.

#214     Dec 29, 2021
  5. the success of scalping depends on your money management , if low money management you have i think no chance to bring profit by scalping for all time.

#215     Dec 30, 2021
  6. tomorton

tomorton

Perhaps scalping only has a reputation for being risky because new traders think it isn't.

#216     Dec 30, 2021
    Leob likes this.
  7. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

I scalp dozens of trades daily, using .05-.12 trailing or hard stops, for stocks and ETFs priced <$30.

2 strategy notes:

1. I always use OTO conditional orders to automatically enter and exit

2. I set a sequence of trades spaced .2-.5 apart for position sizing

#217     Dec 30, 2021
  8. not only scalping but all kind of short time trading strategies are too risky to bring profit in a proper way.

#218     Jan 3, 2022
  9. Fonz

Fonz

What could possibly be "a proper way to bring profit"?
    My answer : The bigger the better, but only if you can keep them.

#219     Jan 3, 2022
  10. the success on scalping depends on your broker performance, so the scalpers should choose the right broker to scalp in a proper way.

#220     Jan 4, 2022