Scanner recommendation

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by mfaulk57158, Jan 13, 2021.

1. I've created a fairly decent strategy that seems to be profitable. My only issue now is finding an accurate scanner that will enable me to act on my strategy in real time. Scanz is the platform I currently use, and it's proven itself to be immensely inaccurate. I use a combination MACD and SMA crosses on multiple time frames and Scanz is unable to provide accurate results. I wanted to pursue Trade-ideas but it doesn't allow customer SMA values. Any advice?

Strategy summary

MACD line cross on the 30 or hourly

MACD line less than the signal on the daily

SMA crosses using the 5 and 13 day

ADX cross as well

2. TC 2000

Lou Friedman likes this.
  3. Thanks, I'll check them out.

4. ZBZB

ZBZB

Tradestation radar scanner.

5. roca

roca

You can email trade-ideas and they can give you a custom formula based on the SMA value.

As for your scanner, you can get a software that allows custom scanning(you can write your own scanner). A good one is Medved Trader. But I don't think you can use the scan on multiple timeframes at once

6. I'm not sure I understand what you mean my scanner. Are you saying I can buy software to scan Scanz?

7. roca

roca

No I mean, as in what relates to scanner recommendation. Medved Trader is a trading platform that includes a customizable scanner

8. Arnie

Arnie

I second TC 2000

9. ZBZB

ZBZB

Only $20 a month.

roca likes this.
  10. roca

roca

You mean its too cheap or its good for a cheap price?

#10     Jan 14, 2021