Scatty On The Markets... your questions answered here!

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Scataphagos, Oct 15, 2021.

1. deaddog

deaddog

OK thanks. It's just that there are several "gnomes" out there. An investment gnome, one who posts on tradingview, and there was one who wrote articles years ago.

#11     Oct 15, 2021
  2. 1. Counter trend? Sparingly and conservatively. After all, you've got the "wind in your face". Not the best way to try to make money.

2. Don't care about "slope" anything.

3. Dojis are just short periods of indecision... may be found at trend turns, however.

4. I trade off of daily and shorter time frames.

5. I don't advocate "targets". "Let profits run", if you can.

6. No long term stox for me

7. Stops based upon chart and trade entry. Subjective (IOW, a guess.)

8. I generally don't concern myself with individual daily bars... though I'll make note of a 2x or 3x star pattern at the supposed end of a swing.

9. Yes, have traded commodities... not only for my own personal account was also at one time a CPO/CTA.

10. Megaphones are rare. Sometimes they seem to be forming only to abort before "completion".

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    #12     Oct 15, 2021
  3. Years ago I wrote some articles on financial planning for a trade magazine, but I doubt mine are the ones you're referencing.

#13     Oct 15, 2021
  4. tango29

tango29

I don't think this falls under your list of questions, and not sure if I am on your ignore list, so here it goes anyway. If you care to share, why did you get out of the money management business? I have often wished I had followed that route.

#14     Oct 15, 2021
  5. I see your question, so you're not on my ignore list. :)

Number of reasons the mutual fund timing business went kaput.... some abusive (cheaters) players, fund managers got tired of our trading their funds too much and similar. Must have been that fund trading worked "too well" as the SEC jumped in with regulations. I dunno. One day I had a business of managing others' money, next day I was "unemployed". :( Kind of like when I got discharged from the military. I got "turned out" with no money, no home, no job... just a "thank you for your service". The more I think about that, the angrier I feel. I managed to "get by" thanks to my dad's sister giving me a place to crash until I could get on my feet. Lots of vets get turned out with no home, no job and no place to go... end up on the streets or similar. Sad, when you think about it.:( (Wounded Warriors and Vietnam Vets are 2 of our major charities. Both my dad and my wife's dad were veterans. We're proud of them and honor their memory with our charitable donations.)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    #15     Oct 15, 2021
  6. ph1l

ph1l

That will narrow down your efforts quite a bit then.:D I wish you a quick and complete recovery though.
    upload_2021-10-15_14-41-52.png

#16     Oct 15, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  7. destriero

destriero

An AMA thread from scataphagos. lol.

1) When did you become allergic to monies?

#17     Oct 15, 2021
  8. tango29

tango29

Thank you for the answer. Also, thank you for your service! I was never bright enough to say that to my Dad while he was alive. We have given to Gary Sinise's Foundation as a way of giving to those who have sacrificed for this country.

#18     Oct 15, 2021
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

Gnome was a great poster. I doubt scat and he are the same person. Scat has me on ignore. :D

#19     Oct 15, 2021
    deaddog likes this.
  10. destriero

destriero

lol scat and handle123 won the US investing championship in the same year! Along with Walter Mitty!

#20     Oct 15, 2021