Schwab deposits $1.2 million into a customer's account by mistake...

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by BMK, Apr 13, 2021.

1. BMK

BMK

murray t turtle, Nobert and guru like this.
  2. Axon

Axon

At the risk of being insensitive, how fcking stupid do you have to be.

Ninja, spudpei, ET180 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Tradex

Tradex

Folks, if Charles Schwab (or any financial institution for that matter) deposits $1.2 million into your account, by mistake, don't go on a shopping spree or something, just buy $1.2 million worth of Charles Schwab's stocks.

Then, if you are caught, you can always say : "Hey, I invested all the money in YOUR company, you should thank me!"

Just kidding, don't try this at home. :D

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  4. If Citi fat fingers a $500 million deposit you hire a lawyer and keep it. Schwab a little guy they go to jail?

oraclewizard77, VPhantom and vanzandt like this.
  5. wartrace

wartrace

She should have converted into cash and disappeared. :D

oraclewizard77 and JSOP like this.

6. It was one of the worst Wall Street mishaps in years: Citigroup accidentally wired $900 million last year to a group of lenders locked in a bitter dispute with the beauty company Revlon.

On Tuesday, a federal judge ruled that the recipients don’t have to have to return the cash.

Citi had intended to make a small interest payment on Revlon’s behalf but instead repaid the loan in full. And some of the lenders — who had sued Revlon and Citi seeking repayment of the loan — refused to return about $500 million” NYT

7. Totally different situation than the Schwab incident. That was the lenders money.

8. I agree, she was a thief knowing that money was not her’s.

timtrader likes this.
  9. I was on my 4th night of hookers when they caught the mistake in my account...

10. Tradex

Tradex

Hahahahaha :D

#10     Apr 13, 2021