See how biased the Anti-Trump jorno Rick Newman reports about Trump's new company

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by thecoder, Dec 8, 2021.

1. The federation, contrary to popular belief, is actually contingent on the consent of the states. Part of that is that the states get to decide various things. It's messy, but in the end I prefer it.

#21     Dec 9, 2021
  2. JSOP

JSOP

Yeah but not for everything. Some things just needs to be applied uniformly across the entire country. Election Law is one of them. After all, the country is called the UNITED States of America, not Individual States of America.

#22     Dec 9, 2021
    VPhantom likes this.
  3. They can do it through a constitutional amendment.

#23     Dec 9, 2021
  4. albion

albion

As was done for awhile in the late 1800s, some Republican states are currently implementing voter suppression laws in order to prevent Democrats from winning in those states. The role of the federal government should be to prevent such unconstitutional laws from going into effect.

#24     Dec 9, 2021
    Cuddles and VPhantom like this.
  5. ktm

ktm

Tell us specifically how voting is being suppressed by these new regulations.

#25     Dec 9, 2021
  6. JSOP

JSOP

You don't need voter suppression laws. You just need election laws to be the same across the country. Jeez.

#26     Dec 9, 2021
    VPhantom likes this.
  7. virtusa

virtusa

I remember that in certain states the Republicans wanted to forbid voting by mail. They knew that mostly Democrats voted by mail, so the Democrats would lose a lot of votes. That's pure manipulation.

#27     Dec 9, 2021
    VPhantom likes this.
  8. ktm

ktm

Most people don't understand the difference between "mail in voting" and "absentee voting".

"Mail in" voting is when ballots are sent by affiliated political parties in mass to lots of folks blindly and get returned. Theoretically I could copy lots of them and fill out hundreds and mail them back in. That's the "mail in" voting you probably heard about Republicans being against. Would you support this? Democrats would indeed gain lots of votes this way as there were numerous reports and pictures and videos of boxes of "mail in" ballots found in hallways and community mailboxes in many urban areas during the last election.

"Absentee voting" is when the registered voter requests a ballot (by mail) and a single bar coded ballot is sent to that specific person to be completed and returned (typically by mail).

Both are done "by mail" but there's a huge difference between the two.

Republicans have never been against voting by mail provided there is some validation that there's no fraud involved.

#28     Dec 9, 2021
  9. virtusa

virtusa

So if I send in 1 million ballots my votes are all registered? Even the biggest idiot would not believe that this can be done. Now I understand how Trump could become President.

I was speaking about the absentee voting. People who wish to vote by email and made a request for that.
    In the last elections these people made the difference between Trump and Biden.
    There was never hard proof that people massively cheated using the mail in voting ballots. So there was some validation that there was no fraud involved. Republicans tried to block the legal absentee voting.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
    #29     Dec 10, 2021
    Cuddles likes this.
  10. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

trumps own voter fraud task forces found no voter fraud.

the whole narrative is because it 1. It makes people think he didn’t lose the election (which shows how much he actually thinks about American democracy) and 2. It gives him a reason to continue to ask for political donations which can be used for anything (including bailing out golf courses).

#30     Dec 10, 2021
    virtusa likes this.