Seeking Hong Kong holiday calendar

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by curiousGeorge8, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Hi,

I would like to know where I can find Hong Kong holiday calendar including the exchange closing days, preferably going back to 1990s.

Thanks

2. jharmon

jharmon

Why not grab historical data on the Hang Seng index from a reputable data vendor. They won't provide data on holidays. Crap data vendors will have holidays throughout as padded data.

3. harmon:

Which is a good provider of Hong Kong exchanges data?

4. jharmon

jharmon

I don't trade Hong Kong stocks, but one provider I do use (for US stocks and futures) has the Hang Seng index in its world indexes and cash folder which is bundled with their other data offerings. They are called Premium Data. Basically look for the tell-tale signs of repeated closes and dismiss that data source immediately as suspect. You might even find such data for free that is good quality but you need to be aware of some of the Asian "holidays" for "variable" events like typhoons which do shut things down. I don't think Premium Data does Hong Kong stocks though - just the indexes.

5. Thanks.

On the other hand, I have the US holiday schedule going back to 1950s. If anyone interested in swapping your HK schedule with mine, please PM me.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015