Seems like patterns work better on higher timeframe than lower?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by metatrader54, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Turveyd

Turveyd

Not noise to me, I've tried M5 not enough setups, risk always goes crazy, same upside.

Or M1 you can take advantage of the noise!!

#11     Nov 19, 2020
  2. easymon1

easymon1

11.jpg

#12     Nov 20, 2020
    oraclewizard77 likes this.
  3. Patterns work better on a higher time frame than the lower ones. That’s because the higher time frames have less detail. With the help of this simplicity, traders can benefit from the chart patterns trading.

#13     Jan 13, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. orbit23

orbit23

I've personally gotten my ass chopped very badly in 1minute and 30second charts.

There is too much noise and you can quickly end up doing random stupid shit and even if you are winning you are losing, because the wins will be so small as shit will keep reversing on you. AKA there is no edge. Also all the mistakes you can make can potentiate as you can quickly get lost and start revenge trading, marketing in and out etc etc and before you acknoledge it you are already down good money...

You need a move to make money and moves in general come thru HTF levels/patterns.

There are times when lower timeframes pay incredibly well though. You need to know when and stick with those rules. Trading low timeframes by themself alone and without proper conditions can be incredibly mentally and financially draining...

#14     Jan 18, 2021
    comagnum likes this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Sorry, can't resist. Some readers might not know the reference. Educational, this is!

#15     Jan 18, 2021
  6. %%
    That;
    + more slippage+ commissions , or more slippage in smaller time frames.
    An advantage of smaller time frames like 30 minutes 8;30-3;00 is more precise.BUT if you are trading, say in the last half hour/even smaller time frames can be helpful/i hate to try to enter last minute of the day.
    Monthly charts can rake up some big trends/big bucks.
    5 hour candle charts can be a good compromise........................................................
    But larger forex fees can make smaller ETF/stock fees helpful/smaller fees=more profit sometimes.
    REALTORS/buyers/sellers do fine with 6% fee.

#16     Jan 20, 2021
  7. Let’s say that 100,000 people are watching television Thursday night and they saw an ad for a new IBM computer. And they all thought to themselves "I should buy that stock tomorrow". The demand will be reflected in the volume and the daily candle. But from minute by minute, that additional demand would be almost randomly distributed as 800 orders might coincidently come in at 1:32 PM but virtually none of these "influenced" orders may come in from 1:33 to 1:36PM. When you divide up the demand of a long period across multiple small time intervals, it can create patterns that seem legitimate in the smaller time frame but can only be accurately observed in the longer time frame.

#17     Jan 21, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  8. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

Patterns are valid until they are not. That being said, 1 minute patterns must be treated differently than 1 hour patterns. Adjust your targets and stops accordingly. Staring at a 1 minute chart that has a strong "pattern" in contrast to the 1 hour pattern that does not come to fruition is foolish. Akin to the deer in headlights analogy. Prioritize those patterns, backtest, then see which ones suit your style.

#18     Jan 21, 2021