Sen Manchin raises alarms on inflation - inflation to the American people is not "transitory"

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Nighthawk, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Source

https://twitter.com/Sen_JoeManchin

By all accounts, the threat posed by record inflation to the American people is not "transitory" and is instead getting worse. From the grocery store to the gas pump, Americans know the inflation tax is real and DC can no longer ignore the economic pain Americans feel every day.

The FED needs a good, old a$$kick de luxe!

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. %%
    That depends.
    Asking price of a new auto=always transitory.
    gasoline+ natgas prices= transitory, always have been. Food prices all over the map. BUT even a 2% inflation is a lot over 10 years=20%
    I also percieve you a re not dependant on DC for a solution.
    Senator + reps jobs are transitory, voters may or may not chose to elect them.
    Victory in VA; gov's job was transitory........................................................................

3. ipatent

ipatent

It isn't transitory for people approaching retirement or retired on a fixed income or living off of savings. These are the same people who have been getting robbed by low interest rates for over a decade now.

murray t turtle likes this.
  4. %%
    I see your points;
    fixed income means someone choose to fix thier income. And its also a personal choice to limit income with interest rates..................................................................

5. RedSun

RedSun

There are many levels of mis-management, from many levels of governments to some businesses.

The so called energy crisis is mainly man made. From abrupt green policy change, to public fears of fossil energy, then to the irresponsible bank analysts' statements. The latest EIA weekly oil inventory report shows US is not running out of oil. 6% to 7% below 5-year average is not out of the range. Same goes to the nat gas inventory. Yet, we are looking at $5 nat gas and $84 crude oil.

There are asset bubbles all over the places, from energy, bitcoin, TSLA, housing and many stock records.

The real danger is the declining US real consumer purchasing power after inflation.

smallfil and murray t turtle like this.
  6. smallfil

smallfil

We have enough shale oil to last the US 100 years. The fact is we export some of our US oil because of oversupply. Rising oil prices are the result of bad economic policies of Joe Biden and the Democrats. Inflation we are experiencing is a result of supply chain issues created by the Biden administration incompetence as well as doling endless supply of stimulus monies for those with children as if they are the only Americans who need help? The reconciliation bill is nothing more than a $1.75 trillion giveaway to special interests and more government handouts. If inflation is bad now, it will only get worst if that reconciliation bill were to become law. It is very bad policy all around and I will support Senator Joe Manchin rejecting that reconciliation bill and voting no.

volpri likes this.
  7. R1234

R1234

Biden's administration seems to think its a good idea to pass the BBB right now and release an additional $2T into the money supply. He's even claiming that the BBB will decrease inflation. I am no economist but, to me, he seems to either be lying or delusional.

8. ktm

ktm

Transitory? You mean like "just give us three weeks to flatten the curve"?

9. Cuddles

Cuddles

Manchin LOL

10. Sig

Sig

I'm curious how, in very specific examples, green energy policy has caused fossil fuel oric s to go up? Renewable energy displaces fossil fuel, so if anything it reduces demand/increases supply which would result in a price decrease.

And "public fears of fossil energy", I'm not even sure I know what that means let along how it has directly led to higher gas prices?

#10     Nov 16, 2021