Sen Manchin raises alarms on inflation - inflation to the American people is not "transitory"

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Nighthawk, Nov 10, 2021.

1. volpri

volpri

Nice job explaining the truth. Even a Harvard Economist could understand it! Probably wouldn't agree though.:mad:

#21     Nov 16, 2021
    smallfil likes this.
  2. Sig

Sig

My luck (and maybe a tiny bit of skill) has been pretty good over the past 25 years, not sure why you would think otherwise? For me it's simply much more fun to trade when there's nothing more riding on it than the personal intellectual challenge of finding and exploiting edges and buying some more interesting experiences in life versus actually depending on it to put food on the table. Not to say that those who do it for a living are in any way wrong, just not for me personally.

#22     Nov 16, 2021
    piezoe likes this.
  3. RedSun

RedSun

Your bad luck is from your skills? What a joke?

#23     Nov 16, 2021
  4. Sig

Sig

So I'm not sure why you've decided to turn hostile here?

#24     Nov 16, 2021
  5. RedSun

RedSun

No, I did not.

You kept stalking me for no reason.

#25     Nov 16, 2021
  6. Sig

Sig

Again, you're better than this. The point of a discussion forum is to discuss. You throw out an assertion, people ask you about it. If pointing out that removing demand doesn't typically lead to higher prices on a discussion forum about economic subjects is "stalking" in your book, then this might not be the right place for you.

#26     Nov 16, 2021
  7. RedSun

RedSun

I already told you to move on. Yet you are not satisfied and kept getting to me....

You can certainly leave me or leave ET if you do not like what you see and what you hear.

#27     Nov 16, 2021
    smallfil likes this.
  8. volpri

volpri

Recovery? I have yet to see one. In any of the two things. Every thing has only gotten worse. Not better. No recovery where I live!!

#28     Nov 16, 2021
  9. piezoe

piezoe

Precisely why moving away from defined benefit retirement plans, which the U.S. has been doing, is going on the wrong direction. The U.S. has been moving toward self-funded, defined contribution retirement plans which have the advantage, like social security, of being highly portable, but unlike social security, self-funded plans put all the risk on the plan participant. Instead, we should replace social security with a universal, shared-risk, employer-government-participant funded, defined benefit, retirement plan with instant vesting and complete portability for everyone, with additional, private plan coverage optional. The critical advantage of such plans is that they inherently incorporate shared risk. There is very little risk of inflation taking a significant bite out of your retirement check with these types of defined benefit plans. Instead we are moving in the direction of a myriad of privately funded plans supplemented with social security. It's the right way to go for Wall Street, but the wrong way for the people.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
    #29     Nov 17, 2021
    ipatent likes this.
  10. piezoe

piezoe

Alternatively, you could pay attention to well meaning criticism and respond rationally.

#30     Nov 17, 2021