Shkreli's medical AI website

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pekelo, Apr 26, 2023.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

I can't believe, but I am going to shill Shkreli's website. It is a internet doctor AI, specifically designed to answer health questions.

drgupta.ai

I have tested it and it was pretty good. There is a free version with limited answers (10 max.) The monthly fee is 20 bucks, what is cheaper than getting to your doctor's office 2 weeks after your problem have arisen and your doctor may just use a similar website to answer your questions anyway. And of course you can get info in the middle of the night.

Speaking of general AI, they are getting really good. Some of them were actually better at diagnosing problems than a real doctor.

Here is an otherwise interesting interview with Skhreli, he starts to talk about the above mentioned website at the 1:07 mark:

Bugenhagen likes this.
  2. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

I had a little look and in one question with it asking for two clarifications it forgot that the supposed cut that was not healing inside the mouth, complicated by a certain drug, was not a cut to the skin.

Needs work. Probably good for ideas but..

3. Pekelo

Pekelo

https://interestingengineering.com/innovation/chatgpt-outperforms-doctors-in-empathetic-advice

More emphatic chatbot:

In February of 2023, ChatGPT was found to score at or around the approximately 60 percent passing threshold for the United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE). Now, it has been revealed it may even have a better bedside manner than medical professionals.

The researchers found that the panel preferred the chatbot’s responses to nearly 200 inquiries 79 percent of the time. In fact, ChatGPT’s responses were four times more likely to be ranked good, or very good quality, and 10 times more likely to be empathetic, or very empathetic.