Short Candidates for coming COVID implosion

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by nursebee, Dec 24, 2020.

1. nursebee

nursebee

What are your ideas?

Mine is on my screen after massive losses in the company believing in the stuff they worked on for RSV. I think the COVID hype will die out and this fraud will go down. I think the leadership sales of stock are additional proof.

http://www.insidercow.com/history/company.jsp?company=nvax&B1=Search!

Shares are tough to short, I'd suggest Puts. It is just a matter of time.
    Novavax NVAX

2. Cuddles

Cuddles

TSLA

KCalhoun likes this.
  3. ET180

ET180

long cruise lines? Looks like the higher quality areas in travel (HLT / MAR) have already recovered.

4. comagnum

comagnum

This is the best time of year for shorting - just look for stocks at or near 52 week lows. Many of these stocks get hammered at year end for harvesting the tax loss write off.

My go to Covid play for both longs & short has been UAL, AHT, CCL, & AMC.

Watching for TUP (Tupperware) to get to the backside. It was $1.30 in March, currently near high @ $35.37.

5. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Probably the short play of next year if it takes out weekly lows especially if AAPL does ev

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a35036439/apple-car-2024/

I'm long AAPL and would never short it. TSLA on the other hand, too much momentum to short now but when it drops it may be an epic short

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    JamesJ likes this.
  6. fan27

fan27

Good luck with that. There are graveyards full of corpses who thought they could successfully short TSLA.

7. BLK is good to sell call spreads on, no short but it is overextended. suggest sideways action for a while.

8. Slonenok

Slonenok

Good luck shorting NVAX at this point. Might get you a few % gain while we're in the 104-132 range and people start getting nervous because P3 results are not out yet. Was exactly the same with BNTX and MRNA. After results out (with BNTX almost a week later than expected) shorts got hammered BIG time though. BNTX and MRNA stock spiked >10% within not even a minute after announcement of their efficacy results. Will be even crazier with NVAX because their market cap is much smaller. Get ready to cover around 200$ if this doesn't go as planned for you

My prime candidate for implosion after COVID (and in general) is still Doordash. I'm short since 160 and will cover not before we're below 100. DASH is just incredibly overvalued, it's unbelievable

9. nursebee

nursebee

10. nursebee

nursebee

The leaders sure don't seem to own many shares, not sure about options they might hold.

nvax.PNG

#10     Apr 15, 2021