Short survey for market research regarding Real-time Futures market data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by lancem, Dec 12, 2018.

1. lancem

lancem

Hi Metamega, sorry I misread your comment. What is your concern? You plan on redistributing CME data?

#11     Dec 13, 2018
  2. Metamega

Metamega

I was commenting on how you can’t bypass the exchange fees. Data distribution isn’t the expensive part, it’s the exchange fees.

I was commenting on the fact I can’t just download data from my broker and then sell the data legally.

But your previous edit mentioned it wasn’t CME data so you didn’t have to worry. I don’t think theirs a market for futures data that doesn’t come from an exchange(whatever the data is then).

Wish you the best in the competitive market, just making sure you had an idea of the licensing and redistribution aspect.

#12     Dec 13, 2018
    lancem likes this.
  3. lancem

lancem

Oh I see, thanks for letting me know Metamega. You have a valid point.
    Yes, I am setting up a technology company and not an exchange. Also, my Live data I am providing cannot be used for Live trading. Anyway I will check up on the licensing and redistribution aspect again.

Thanks for the heads up!

#13     Dec 13, 2018
  4. This doesn't make any sense. Exchange fees have nothing to do with you running an exchange or not. And if the data is live then nothing prevents people from using it for live trading. Recommend you do a lot more research into the legality of your business plans before proceeding with this, lest you find yourself in a lawsuit with the exchanges.

#14     Dec 13, 2018
  5. lancem

lancem

Hi cruisecontrol, thanks for the feedback and concern! I appreciate it. As mentioned in my previous post, I will look deeper into this.

Meanwhile would you mind filling out my survey?

Thanks!

#15     Dec 14, 2018
  6. JaneBower

JaneBower

Hello, could you please tell me if there are companies that can help with business problems?

#16     May 21, 2021