Should US open economy sooner in May or wait more.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by 1957may10, Apr 21, 2020.

1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Every country, regions have very different infection rates, infection curves, cultural differences and so on.

Thus, each country should make their own decisions because their data is different than others in comparison.

For example, a beach reopening in Florida east coast is very much different than a beach reopening in South France versus a beach staying closed on Florida west coast versus another location that now has adequate PPE protection for its citizens and so on.

Another example, an area that's typically resided by tourists may stay closed because they're correlated to travel. Thus, doesn't make sense for them to reopen until travel reopens.

Simply, protesters have no say so except for those in Hong Kong. :D

wrbtrader

#11     Apr 21, 2020
    1957may10 likes this.
  2. JMV, but I don't think we know that yet.

#12     Apr 21, 2020
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

That's why you have the media blackout!!

Close your eyes, the cure is killing people and ruining millions of lives if not billions all over the world, to save old sick people mainly, pointless.

#13     Apr 21, 2020
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Italy stated it's 25x's less fatal than they thought it was a few weeks ago.

You can see NYC the peak comes early as way more have already, you'll see it in Sweden soon aswell, and London UK.

#14     Apr 21, 2020
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Sadly, you're still clueless.

wrbtrader

#15     Apr 21, 2020
    Vindago, Cuddles and 1957may10 like this.
  6. So your parents with over 60 years old (god forbid) may not survive. People 70 plus, is it really does not matter because of your agenda?

#16     Apr 21, 2020
  7. I am living in big NY area. I can tell you it is a big mess. Worse than 9/11. You do not want to see it.

#17     Apr 21, 2020
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

Agenda ??

You realise, more will die from the effects of lockdowns, suicides, job losses, heart attacks where they don't ring for help, 1800 deaths week 2 of the lockdown more than normal from this, which will only get worse.

Not a snowflake, old people die, 1 day I shall be old and die ( plan not to live that long, by living and doing crazy shit )

You don't screw up the world to save old / sick people, it's not even like there all dying, it's a small maybe 2% of old people, bias media focuses on the 2% and not the 98% which get it and are fine.

It's not the plague!!

#18     Apr 21, 2020
  9. Turveyd

Turveyd

It's a mess because of the Lockdown I bet, not the virus.

#19     Apr 21, 2020
  10. In my small rural town in NJ 24k, 100 people die in nursing home and it still in progress. All of them may. People who was watching them in 30-40 years old also died. They have no much personal to support elderly. Ask your parents if they agree with your agenda.

#20     Apr 21, 2020