Should US open economy sooner in May or wait more.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by 1957may10, Apr 21, 2020.

1. During the May markets were complimenting to covid19 sick economy.
    People got surprised how come markets are climbing up if economy comes underwater.
    Today and yesterday’s data shows likely economy get rid of covid19 sickness and improving.
    Today’s expectation was -8 mil jobs loss, came as 2.5 mil gain. Great news.

#691     Jun 5, 2020
  2. kreskos

kreskos

I hope that in the coming months the situation will improve at least a little. Unfortunately, Kovid has done a great job in the country's economy.

#692     Jun 6, 2020
  3. Hoping that crisis gets better with time and the economy starts running again.

#693     Jun 18, 2020
  4. #694     Jul 2, 2020

5. After the horses have left the barn Governor Abbott says masks are required. If only there was a field of knowledge that human beings had been working on for many centuries, working out the kinks, that could predict this was going to happen.

Science.

Of course, while better late than never from Abbott, fools like DeSantis are still carrying on as if this was his plan all along. Maybe it was. He calls Florida God's waiting room. From an efficiency perspective he is trying to put as many people as possible processed through that waiting room. Maybe it was his plan. Republicans do work in mysterious ways

#695     Jul 2, 2020
  6. I took some brake relay on time.
    So where is TX disaster????
    So far as I see a lot of even smart people get to be politician not and independent thinker.
    OMG...

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    #696     Sep 7, 2020
  7. NYC guy DeBill and your governor what are you doing with NY ????
    NYC is a ghost city now “thank to” DeBill.
    On Cuomo decision 50000 + seniors in nursery homes died.
    I attended my doctor in NJ and he told nursery in NJ has no senior people .
    BTW have no idea how many seniors in particular died in NJ. And after all they blame Trump.
    Who made decisions to get back Covid people to nursing homes - you Cuomo and you Murfy.
    Time will come and you will answer, shame on you.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    #697     Sep 7, 2020
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

They went out of there way to kill anyone who lives in a care home, where the state is paying, got to cover lockdown cost some how, even then only down 10% capacity, give it 3months and back to full capacity, boomers so old population reducing anyway.

#698     Sep 7, 2020