Should we ignore loss in Forex Trading?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Coner1980, Jun 16, 2020.

1. kroxobor

kroxobor

You can safely ignore one or two casual losses in trading however it is important to pay attention to winning ratio, max drawdown and other characteristics of your performance to decide whether you should continue with your current trading system or it makes sense to discard it.

#101     Aug 16, 2021
  2. the main thing is to try different options for working so that you understand the comparison of these methods and their disadvantages and advantages

#102     Aug 17, 2021
  3. Esha.J

Esha.J

We should never ignore losses, instead, we should learn from them and make sure that we never repeat them again to earn the same losses.

#103     Aug 20, 2021
  4. kroxobor

kroxobor

Yeah it is also important to make sure that impact from your losses is manageable, i.e. you won't fall into trap of emotions due to the size of unexpected loss.

#104     Aug 22, 2021
  5. Esha.J

Esha.J

Yes, it is imperative to manage your emotions while trading, or you could end up losing it all and to do that, you must take a frequent breaks from the Forex Market.

#105     Aug 25, 2021
  6. Yearlen

Yearlen

As for me, you need to work with your losses in order to avoid them in the future.

#106     Aug 26, 2021
  7. Your losses are what define your future trading journey. So, you gotta hustle up all the mistakes or losses you made in your trade and find the middle term to break even that mistake

#107     Aug 27, 2021
  8. Quelan

Quelan

Personally, I do not understand at all how you can ignore the loss of your funds and not draw conclusions from the situation

#108     Aug 29, 2021
  9. kroxobor

kroxobor

Usually I ignore losses of particular trades because figuring out why you lost them is useless since you don't have complete information about the market, nor don't get it after the trade is done. However it's useful to pay attention to why you lose on average since it allows you to ditch unprofitable trading systems with decent probability that your decision was correct.

#109     Aug 30, 2021
  10. Junos

Junos

It depends on the loss and the frequency of its occurence in your trading.
    If you have losses systematically, then you've got to pay attention to them and get to the bottom of the reasons for them. I feel that one of the key things in trading is that yo should constantly challenge your trading strategy and find the ways to make it better and perfect (although perfection is impossible in trading). Every deal should be examined in the detailed way and you have to analyse the reasons for this or that outcome. If your strategy works well, then you'll have more successes than losses, but even in this case you should have a clear-cut idea of which factors led to the failures. Only by doing these steps can you make your trading improve and your trading results develop. If you have more losses than profits, you've got to analyse your decisions. Perhaps, you misuse some of the indicators or you should be more attentive to the entry/exit points in your trading or emotions play huge role in your trading and so on. I goes without saying that some of the deals will definetely be unsuccessful because the market is rather unpredictable, so, more often than not, you can do everything right but the market decided to go in the opposite direction.

#110     Aug 31, 2021