Should we ignore loss in Forex Trading?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Coner1980, Jun 16, 2020.

1. tomorton

tomorton

More undisguised advertising BS. Nobody works WITH a broker. You either work FOR the broker (as an employee) or you trade THROUGH the broker (as a client), but a partnership it ain't.

#21     Jul 20, 2020
    Onra likes this.
  2. I am very sure I'll look into my loss. But then when I understand my trading plan strategy and acceptable loss, then there is no need.

#22     Jul 20, 2020
  3. i think there is no one who can avoid losses completely even despite of having good knowledge and experience. its an inevitable part of trading that we should accept it easily.

#23     Jul 21, 2020
  4. Right. This is what i believe. Learn to take profits and losses in your stride and move forward.

#24     Jul 21, 2020
  5. Elly9

Elly9

True. That's the best approach.

#25     Jul 22, 2020
  6. Teryc20

Teryc20

That's right. Losses cannot be avoided, but yes they can be surely minimized with good management and practice.

#26     Jul 22, 2020
  7. loss is our best teacher , most of the time losses taught us a great lesson that profit cant give. so we have to take this loss easily.

#27     Jul 22, 2020
  8. easymon1

easymon1

how do you decide to enter a trade?

#28     Jul 22, 2020
  9. Tradex

Tradex

The ONLY question to ask is : Does the backtest show that my system is profitable and the drawdown reasonable?

If the answer is yes THEN you can study your losing trades and try to eliminate some of them with a filter of some kind : a moving average for example, or a confirmation on the smaller time frames.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    #29     Jul 22, 2020
  10. Esha.J

Esha.J

You should have a stop-loss order for every forex day trade you make. When you have a stop-loss order on your trades, you have taken a large portion of the risk out that investment. If you start taking losses on a trade, the stop-loss prevents you from losing more than you can handle.

#30     Jul 23, 2020