Silver

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by yabz, Jan 24, 2019.

1. yabz

yabz

Going long. Silver has fallen over the last few days. Its probably going to bounce back a bit, but not necessarily a major long term trend.

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Nobert

Nobert

1 / 2 weeks ?

6 / 10% gains ?

What do you think ?

Thanks.

3. yabz

yabz

I'm looking at a 14 day time frame. I'm expecting silver to go back to 15.75

4. Nobert

Nobert

14 days frame, you mean 2 weeks / per candle ? , ( that's a cool timeframe, haven't seen such as an option in demos imo )

Is there any fundamentals behind that reasoning involved or technicals only ?

5. maxinger

maxinger

Now price going up in your favor.

yabz likes this.
  6. yabz

yabz

Yes 2 weeks, this is correct.

Purely technical. On fundamentals silver is massively undervalued, but markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent so its safer to stick to technicals....

Nobert likes this.
  7. yabz

yabz

Closed this position. Made 2% profit. Too risky to hold it any longer given the overall trend is still bearish.

Nobert likes this.
  8. yabz

yabz

Bought silver today.

Buying the dip....

9. Handle123

Handle123

For handful of years, my model has me long/hedged only in Silver, many false entries, have to be colorful as far as trying to profit till it eventually goes up like selling options, hedging open profits, and spreading. All should have seen Feb 20, 2nd small break up and next day breaking 20ths lows to hedge open profits on longs and taking extras to profit on downside. What I have had to learn was how to spread cause Eurodollars were at extremes for seven years, can't make money on very small declines when you doing long term, so self taught on spread trading, I should have taken @bone course several years ago, would have saved time/money.

But spreads actually do have charting patterns like the underlying and much less margins if that is a concern. You can use TA or trendlines for entry or breaks, H&S/wedges.

upload_2019-3-6_8-54-40.png

10. easymon1

easymon1