Snapchat. What to expect from the IPO?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Jamie J., Feb 24, 2017.

1. Jamie J.

Jamie J.

On 2 March investors will have the opportunity to buy shares of Snapchat, SNAP. The key of this company is innovation. Among social networks, Snapchat is a leader in the generation of ideas and services that attract more and more new users. It's highly valued and in the long term can show a significant growth.
    So, guys, your expectations? Do you have a desire to buy for long?

2. Tim Smith

Tim Smith

I have no desire to buy them or any other social media platform.

Too fickle, the millennials will switch and move platforms as soon as the new big thing turns up...

Not enough of a moat as the old saying goes.

3. JackRab

JackRab

They don't make money... do they even have a money making plan? And the stock has zero voting rights... with the majority of voting kept in the hands of the founders... who created the app because they wanted to see naked chicks in University, so they invented the disappearing photo... I don't know if that warrants me buying the stock... I'd rather short it...

4. Jamie J.

Jamie J.

Well, I think that it could become a successful and gainful stock. The company has a unique way, there are no problems with the policy, fake news etc. Anyway, everything will be clear after share trading.

5. IPO will flop. It's all hype. It's popular because it's "mostly" free. That will change and all the teenie boppers will abandon them.