So whats up with this sell off 9-20-2021

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Rickshaw Man, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

If you're getting rich shorting US indexes congratulations. So many traders are sure they can time a correction. My energy stocks all gapped up this morning including my rebuy on Baytex Energy. I was looking at copper stocks as oversold but no buys this week. Different strokes.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    #121     Sep 22, 2021
    ITM_Latino likes this.
  2. Don't worry the FOMC will coo like the doves they are. They are past the point of no return. It's peddling to the floor. They may talk tough, but they won't do anything.

If they do anything it will be more QE.....Talk is all they will do.

#122     Sep 22, 2021
    Axon likes this.
  3. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Trading SOXL SVXY YINN breakouts and UVXY TZA bounces

#123     Sep 22, 2021
  4. SunTrader

SunTrader

So you are trying to time your buys yet talk of traders trying to time a correction as something they shouldn't do.

#124     Sep 22, 2021
  5. Oh... I was right in my last thread... Called Evergrande before it was a topic. I still follow PA, only news tells me which side is more likely to hold support/resistance, daily range etc.

#125     Sep 22, 2021
  6. The news is worthless.

Even if you knew it ahead of time it does not guarantee price action will accommodate.

#126     Sep 22, 2021
    SunTrader likes this.
  7. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

I still like YINN on China news

#127     Sep 22, 2021
  8. Well, market is big green today. I think we have bottomed. :(

#128     Sep 22, 2021
  9. Define "bottomed".

Definitely not done going lower in coming weeks.

#129     Sep 22, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.
  10. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

I would not be surprised if they buy the rumor sell the news type day today, green all morning, false break out 2:30 then afternoon selling. I will be buying lots of uvxy and tza if that's the case. If market goes up I'll buy lots of svxy and soxl

#130     Sep 22, 2021
    SunTrader likes this.