So whats up with this sell off 9-20-2021

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Rickshaw Man, Sep 20, 2021.

1. JSOP

JSOP

Yes and the fact that people don't think anymore. Ah well, we need some volatility to make some dough.

#31     Sep 20, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.
  2. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

It's More sellers than buyers.

I don't give af why. I'm a trader. I'm trying to figure out how many shares inverses to cautiously buy now ah for overnight gap.

Thinking about why China.... seriously who gives af.. I just want to make money trading :D

#32     Sep 20, 2021
  3. Laughing all the way to the bank :D Make today's $1,400 gain...become, eventually, 4100...then 11400...then a 14110 day's gain. Then a 41440 day's gain.

You have to be intelligent, wise, if you want to reach a higher level of trading. Don't be a dumb common fish stick, if you want to be an Orca, killer whale, one day.

#33     Sep 20, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.
  4. I have yet to seen any decent explanation for why the crash of a Chinese real estate company has significant medium or long term impacts across us investments.

Sure, if you're selling on the day of the crash you'll probably take a haircut, because those buying from you will assume you are desperate to raise money. But do a bunch of US companies hold derivative contracts from these guys I haven't heard about? Or is this just going to tank a bunch of "emerging market bond" funds?

If interest rates in China are forced up, isn't that positive for US equities?

The problem with the last US crash related to cascading failure. I can see things cascading a bit in China, but does anybody that systemically important in the US hold that much exposure?

#34     Sep 20, 2021
  5. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

China doesn't matter. Price action and trade management matters...

#35     Sep 20, 2021
  6. xandman

xandman

7. d08

d08

Barely anyone in Europe had heard of Lehman Brothers or Bear Stearns. The news and contagion still sent their house values down 50%. What is known in mainstream and what isn't does not matter much at all.

#37     Sep 20, 2021
    SunTrader, VicBee and TooEffingOld like this.
  8. It's not just Evergrande (whoever said Evergreen lol). It's also the debt ceiling in the US that's causing jitters. Regardless, it seems to be a normal bull market correction. Zoom out and see all the 5-15% corrections we have had since 2009--do we even remember why any of them occurred? No matter how strong a bull market is, it's never a straight line up. If it is, you're probably looking at a pump and dump.

#38     Sep 20, 2021
  9. JSOP

JSOP

No but the financial ties between US and Europe is very high it's almost the same system with branch offices of US financial powerhouses being all over Europe. Is the financial ties between US and China that high?

#39     Sep 20, 2021
    CALLumbus likes this.
  10. d08

d08

Chinese and western ties are extremely significant. You have to dig deeper and not just focus on the surface.

#40     Sep 20, 2021
    VicBee and comagnum like this.