So whats up with this sell off 9-20-2021

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Rickshaw Man, Sep 20, 2021.

1. VicBee

VicBee

HSBC is Brit, you know, our blood brothers.

#51     Sep 20, 2021
  2. JSOP

JSOP

Btw all the futures are up. Tomorrow is going to be an up day, most likely. Nothing to see, party is over, moving right along.

Now the focus will be more on the Fed.

#52     Sep 20, 2021
    SPX Options Trader likes this.
  3. destriero

destriero

You're a cartoon.

#53     Sep 20, 2021
  4. Just another good day of trading today... loved it.
    I actually was lucking enough to guess this one (most I don't) ... noticed that big gap from 15100 in the Nasdaq on Friday, just waiting to be filled. In todays markets, I find it best to trade wide.

#54     Sep 20, 2021
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Yes, we know the focus will be on the Fed. That is less than a day away. It will start tomorrow, because it is a two-day meeting. Wednesday will be the big focus, and we cannot know what tomorrow will bring. There will be news leaks and the like, but you cannot say for sure that tomorrow will be an up day.

If you truly believe in that, then go long RIGHT NOW, as of this timestamp.

I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE BLEATING ON ABOUT HOW "TOMORROW WILL BE THIS OR THAT" AND THEN NEVER TRADE ON THAT CONVICTION.

Don't you guys get it? We're not falling for the bullshit. If you BELIEVE tomorrow will be an up-day, then go LONG! If you BELIEVE tomorrow will be a down day, go SHORT. This is SPX Option Trader land!

#55     Sep 20, 2021
  6. JSOP

JSOP

I said most likely:

And yes, I am LONG, FYI. I really feel this Evergrande s*** is not going to have any effect on the western markets besides this temporary volatility hyped up by whatever. The Fed's attitude is what's going to be the focus and we are not going to see the market's reaction to it until the futures trading on Tuesday night the earliest unless the Fed says something stupid tomorrow or the news media leaks something. That's my personal take.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    #56     Sep 21, 2021
    ITM_Latino and VicBee like this.
  7. Overnight

Overnight

No, you said "most likely". There is a difference. Here, let me refresh your memory on that...

#57     Sep 21, 2021
  8. JSOP

JSOP

Ok fine. Most likely. I corrected my previous comment also. Still meant the same thing that I was trying to say.

S&P futures is up by 25.XX btw.

#58     Sep 21, 2021
    Overnight likes this.
  9. Doesn't matter. Evergrande systemic risk or not - we are headed lower.

Sell the rips.

#59     Sep 21, 2021
    destriero likes this.
  10. Overnight

Overnight

It's a dead cat, like the one we had last Thursday. Fugheddabouddit. There will be more fallout from this even after Powell tries to assuage the markets. Hunker down. I have.

#60     Sep 21, 2021