Someone bought $3,400 worth of SHIB last August. It’s now worth $1.55 billion

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by johnarb, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Not that much. The original issuance was only $410 trillion coins... and the originator supposedly "burned" 90% of them, whatever that means.

#31     Oct 28, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  2. VicBee

VicBee

To quote you:
    "i think it will be below 1000. Tesla
    Is another branded car maker in ev like bmw in gas. More traditional car makers are entering the ev market and will compete head to head against Tesla. Tesla autonomous driving is not the best"

Beware of the herd's stupidity, it might enlighten you with what you can't see.

#32     Oct 28, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  3. Read the context, that is for 2024. People may finally realize Tesla is only another car company by then. The current evaluation of Tesla already includes too many possible future business expansions which are not in musk’s head yet such as autonomous food delivery based on Tesla’s L5 self driving. Look at Europe, Tesla market share is not impressive; same as in China Tesla faces strong competition from local brand

#33     Oct 28, 2021
  4. VicBee

VicBee

Not gonna hijack this thread with Tesla stuff. We already have a couple that I participate in extensively and invite you to read for insights on Tesla.
    Your viewpoint on blockchain is enough to feed this thread.

#34     Oct 28, 2021
  5. johnarb

johnarb

Tesla is a very good technology company, imho. I'm biased since I own one since the beginning of the year

Tesla is a vertical integrator, something I heard about

For example, if you buy a Tesla and need a loan, you don't need to go to a bank, they can provide financing. We paid cash, so did not get to experience it, but it was offered

Also, owning a Tesla means it would be better to get their insurance so we cancelled our Auto Insurance. Why go with Tesla insurance? They already know how much it would cost to repair if you get into an accident, since they manufacture the damn things

So Tesla is disrupting the Auto loan industry, the Auto insurance industry, the Auto repair industry and we also buy accessories from Tesla although many items are sold out on their website, so that's the Autozone stores of little knick knacks

Tesla is planning to open the Super Charger network to non-Tesla EV (which as a Tesla owner, it sucks), so another revenue stream

Then Tesla signed a deal with Hertz

But I'm just a Tesla EV owner who's not smart enough to buy LEAPS call options on Tesla and don't really follow Tesla except on the news and stuff. I have congratulated a few of my friends who own Tesla shares and encourage them to hold for long term

Oh, and Tesla is making money on their bitcoin investments and may accept bitcoin as payment again in the future, who knows maybe Tesla will use their vast energy network to start mining bitcoin, so bitcoin mining through Tesla EV sales and possibly Super Charger network?

But Tesla as a Tech platform, maybe they'll use their app to go into the social network metaverse stuff, which is probably why China doesn't trust them, I sometimes wonder if Tesla is listening to our convos inside the car, hmmnnnn...

#35     Oct 28, 2021
    VicBee likes this.
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Maybe in the current form but it has its usage. Like elections. Voter gets a coin, when he/she votes, the coin is spent, thus later it can be checked on the blockchain if the vote was correctly registered. Or something like that...

#36     Oct 29, 2021
    VicBee and RedDuke like this.
  7. Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Holy crap.Liquidity is mind blowing in that "thing".

#37     Oct 29, 2021
  8. johnarb

johnarb

#38     Oct 29, 2021
  9. is coinmarketcap a reliable exchange?

#39     Oct 29, 2021
  10. ph1l

ph1l

CoinMarketCap is owned by an exchange (Binance) but is not an exchange itself.
    https://coinmarketcap.com/about/

#40     Oct 29, 2021
    trend2009 likes this.