Something very simplistic

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Quah, Sep 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quah

Quah

No, I wasn't trying to say that at all - I wasn't very clear. I'm saying exactly the same thing you are saying - I just didn't say it clearly.

I'm saying you can't look at any system and say that it has a 50/50 chance of being profitable. Once you include a "system" in the mix, you can't assign a statistical chance to the trades - maybe subjective odds - but anything other than total randomnes (as you said) precludes the 50/50.

#21     Sep 11, 2002
  2. look at this exchange:
    it was later suggested by someone that you should exit and reverse at 48 and increase the size of your position.
    :confused:

#22     Sep 11, 2002
  3. It's really amazing for me how people can make money consistently in the emini's trading purely on a single technical indicator mechanically. I suppose it's a huge advantage to be able to allow a program to do all the work and take the human element out of it. That said, what's the logic behind fibonacci-style entry points, especially if you're using a separate indicator for entry? I would guess that restricting any trader to certain windows for trading would help to alleviate overtrading, but is there any other advantage? Assuming you're using some indicator, I would think that you'd have to skip many good signals from that indicator simply because it doesn't fall into a specified bar? I guess I'm missing the point?

#23     Sep 11, 2002
  4. Quah

Quah

I guess it depends on what you consider "good signals". The only good signals with this system occur on those specific times - period. Is that logical? I have no idea. It is logical in that I can logically explain what the rules are. Are they good rules? Only time will tell.

The time is simply another indicator.

#24     Sep 11, 2002
  5. interesting system - i have don a little bit backtesting. I have used exact the time you give us in your 1st post.

I've played around a while with stochastic mcd rsi the best I can get is this one over 300 days.

WITHOUT SLIPPAGE AND COMISSION!!!!

Corse there are times when the system workes but more often ........

TAKE CARE !!!!

MW

• fibo.gif
      File size:
      16.3 KB
      Views:
    #25     Sep 11, 2002
  6. Quah

Quah

I'd be curious to see the trades your backtesting produced for today. Can you post them?

#26     Sep 11, 2002
  7. Quah

Quah

BTW - There is no slippage with this system. All orders are limit orders, period.

#27     Sep 11, 2002
  8. I do not feed every day the tradestation with data. This result are historical results last year and 300 days back.

#28     Sep 11, 2002
  9. Quah

Quah

If you can't see the trades the backtesting system is making - how can you tell that it is following the system?

#29     Sep 11, 2002
  10. Quah this is a very unique approach to the market! You are definately thinking "outside the box" with this one...

I am a little confused though; Are you not just simply making random entries or am I missing something? How are the fib time intervals providing you with any kind of an edge?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions :)

PEACE and good trading,
    Commisso

#30     Sep 11, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.