Sorry doom and gloomers. The real estate market is hot in California.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Free Thinker, Oct 6, 2009.

1. GTS

GTS

Couldn't agree more - can't help but laugh when you see real estate "professionals" nervously badmouthing up and coming sites like Zillow and Redfin. They know their days of big commissions for minimal work are numbered and its been long overdue.

Don't worry "pros", I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding something else to do with your extraordinary skills once the market for traditional Realtors dries up....

#131     Oct 28, 2009
  2. RealtorsTM are the most incompetent individuals in any respective industry that I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

#132     Oct 28, 2009
  3. I've had the opportunity to read a few more of Dr. Zhivodka posts and have come to the inescapable conclusion that you are a retard and not worthy of any more of my time.

#133     Oct 31, 2009
  4. Didn't know about Redfin. In fairness, our agent worked very hard. We looked at 100 homes, 35 in person. If we sell in this down market I won't pay over 3% though. Title insurance now there is a real scam.

#134     Oct 31, 2009
  5. GTS

GTS

Agreed but there are signs of hope, I saved a lot of money by getting a quote from these folks on my last refi early this year, told IndyMac that I wanted to use them for my title insurance (which I am allow to picked by law), they were adamant about using their "usual" title company since they were comfortable working with them, I said fine as long as you match EntitleDirect's price - they gave me an adjustment for the difference ($960 vs $423)

http://www.entitledirect.com/

Really wanted to try these folks out, hopefully next time.

#135     Nov 1, 2009
  6. Thanks for the FYI's GTS. Bookmarked in firefox.

#136     Nov 1, 2009
  7. new$

new$

#137     Nov 1, 2009
  8. What part of Texas looks good to you in RE. Thanks

#138     Dec 13, 2009
  9. a lot of crooked title companies in my area. definitely exacerbated the flipping of houses...

#139     Dec 13, 2009
  10. #140     Dec 21, 2009