Sorry doom and gloomers. The real estate market is hot in California.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Free Thinker, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Well whaddya know.

#41     Oct 7, 2009
  2. Hell no :) no real estate for me, family and friends all live here and everyone is buying and selling and half the people in LA are RE agents...so theres plenty of local fodder to comment on.
    I guess common sense would dictate that you shouldnt believe RE agents too much unless you know them personally, otherwise I guess many wouldnt mind bullshitting to sell a house and drive up prices.

#42     Oct 7, 2009
  3. Good man...I've never been associated with a more incompetent, know nothing group than RE agents. Low barriers to entry, low cognitive ability, lots of make up. Absolutely last to know...they're worthless.

#43     Oct 7, 2009
  4. jem

jem

I am a Real Estate agent and attorney in So Cal. ( I am swing trading these days)

I do loan workouts for people trying to protect their assets.

As the broker I have sold (closed) about 40 short sales in the last 6 mostly in SD (mostly) but some in LA, Orange and Riverside.

We have about 20 - 30 more under contract.

As an attorney I have two clients who live in Rancho Sante Fe - and having me advise them on their loan workouts.

The high end market is a disaster right now. Years worth of inventory and buyers who want at least 25% discounts. Very few sales.

However, there is a strong bid under 500,000.

Well priced and under a million can sell. Really will priced you can get a contract in a week.

The minute FHA turns off the spigot or the fed stops buying mortgages or the REOS get dumped on the market or interest rates shoot up a 2 points.

Good night Irene.

But, right now under 500000 thou - there is a lack of inventory and prices would be going higher - but appraisers are being very conservative.

I could provide stats if you really want them, but I know these things as I live them everyday.

By the way I take no offense to vodka's comment - its why I got into it. Ever since I realized there are way to many smart people trading or being an attorney I advise everyone who asks - to get into a field where you get to compete against incompetent people.

Being a real estate broker is a hell of a lot easier than being an attorney or a full time trader. The odd thing is client's are far more demanding of their attorney than they are of the Real Estate Agent.

And this year - it has been far more lucrative. (although I did have a few good years as a trader - and love that job.)

#44     Oct 7, 2009
  5. do you know of the realtor in the youtube video. i think he works north san diego to oceanside. is he credible?

#45     Oct 7, 2009
  6. Thank you for being honest.

#46     Oct 7, 2009
  7. jem

jem

I do not know him personally - and I have not watched his videos recently but when I was watching them about a year and half ago they were accurate.

#47     Oct 7, 2009

8. Perceptual distortion is an interesting thing to watch.

Bylo may be a re bear and economy bear but you are clearly clutching for anything that will support the view that you are committed to (financially?)

We all do it. Its just seldom that it is so clear as in this statement and the selective quote that went with it - did you even perceive the rest of Jem's post?

#48     Oct 7, 2009
  9. I don't "clutch" whatever the fuck that it. I buy and sell. You should try it...it's a great game.

#49     Oct 7, 2009
  10. For one who feels the need to announce to the world that he is a doctor your grasp of English is as weak as your need for expletive is strong.

You are clutching, with some desperation I suspect.

#50     Oct 7, 2009