Sorry doom and gloomers. The real estate market is hot in California.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Free Thinker, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Jesus god...what a fucking tool you must be. Because you can't read for shit.

No one is claiming that the RE market is even close to what is was in the 2003 in Socal. But the ALL the DATA plainly shows that it's getting quite better than it was in 2007.

Inflection point...get to know it. But of course no Lawyer that I have ever met could pass pass basic Algebra much less simple Y-o-y math.

#61     Oct 9, 2009
  2. jem

jem

obviously you are talking your book - as I once talked my mine.

Take a step back see what you are claiming.

What segment of the market are you claiming is rising... where is it located?

How much off the bottom do you think we are?

Enough to cover your transaction costs if you bought the dead ass low? Sweet trade? Your broker thanks you.

I responded to your ridiculous comment that the moneied class is buying back in.

Most of the investments in real estate are coming from hopeful slum lords using hard money for a flip or first time home buyers using 97.5 percent fha financing.

The wealthy know how shity it is out there because they can't get out of the own plunging investments in high end properties and commercial real estate.

Your math conjecture - you are clueless.

#62     Oct 9, 2009
  3. Jeeze Lousie... for the economically deficient. Once you're done with this one...let me know. There's lot's of more to go.

http://scottgrannis.blogspot.com/

#63     Oct 10, 2009
  4. jem

jem

you might not want to click on any more - you might click on one of mine.

My real estate blogs have been quoted on Yahoo, smart money and some major newpapers.

I have been on PBS talking about the foreclosure crisis in So Cal.

#64     Oct 10, 2009
  5. jem 25

Zhifaga 0

Game over. Mercy rule.

Zhifaga, you're not a realtorTM, are you, by any chance?

#65     Oct 10, 2009
  6. craig

craig

I am just waiting for a pullback to the 61.8% Fib retrace to buy a home in cali.

Looks like its getting close!

BTW: You all act like a bunch of children on here arguing so damn much calling each other names and shit.

Pretty pathetic!

#66     Oct 10, 2009
  7. jem

jem

Sorry for getting carried away.

That might be a good plan. If my area target areas get 20% cheaper I am a buyer as well.

I am aware it might not happen. How the banks dole out the shadow inventory will probably be critical. They are playing chicken with interest rates.

#67     Oct 10, 2009
  8. #68     Oct 11, 2009
  9. poyayan

poyayan

Remember subprime? It is now the official government policy.

FHA 3% down + $8000 credit + FED buying mortgage papers

#69     Oct 11, 2009
  10. buying frenzy in parts of california for houses under a million. dont give me the lame excuse it because of the tax credit. do you really think an 8k tax credit will motivate someone to buy a million dollar house?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnmsjIM-IXs&feature=sub

JimtheRealtor
    October 17, 2009

"The market has picked up steam, in spite of many negative economic factors in play now, and in the future. How do you explain it? Lower prices are the #1 contributor, and here in Carmel Valley people who have been waiting since 2006 for some sanity are buying at roughly 20% off peak pricing. They're tired of waiting, and if the deal seems good enough, they're going for it. There were four houses that sold at peak pricing, and the haircuts were -17%, -18%, -20%, -21%"

#70     Oct 17, 2009