Spread trader looking for small prop

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by traderjo, Apr 5, 2022.

1. traderjo

traderjo

Hi
    I now have 12 months track record trading Future Calendar spreads on Asian exchange ( Backed by broker statements NO DEMO)
    Looking for any suggestion where I can get possible further funding (and perhaps some training)
    Specially Both Exchange traded spreads , Synthetic spreads between Asian exchanges
    ( Futures to Futures not Options to Options)
    All help appreciated please PM
    TJO

2. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

check out ARB Trading Group. They have divisions world wide and actually come from STIRs market making via spreads. They should fit you well, on top of that they actually survived and got bigger whereas most of the other props either went down the drain or turned into education providers.

theledger and terminator8 like this.
  3. TheDawn

TheDawn

If you already have a 12-month track record, I presume a track record of profitable trading, then you should've accumulated enough trading profit. Why do you still need funding? You are already funding yourself quite adequately. Just keep on making profits and you should be well on your way to enormous wealth.

If you don't have enough of a track record of profitable trading, then funding companies won't help you.

Gazillionaire likes this.
  4. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

Props are not just about funding. You share the tech and the volume tier of the entire group which is in itself a huge advantage

beginner66 likes this.
  5. traderjo

traderjo

My account size is small but % profit is good + I want to get some training specially in more complex spreads like between diff markets
    The main problem is most of US firms dont do Asian spreads!

6. traderjo

traderjo

Yes true , understood...and that is what I am seeking, bigger account, More advanced spreader and some training in more complex than what I am doing ...

7. TheDawn

TheDawn

What would you mean by diff. markets? US market? or markets in different products? If you just want to have training in trading different products in different markets/exchanges around the world, you just need to find brokers that allow you to trade these products and markets, you don't need prop trading companies imo. These prop trading companies are more for funding and raising money which I feel you don't need as you are already able to raise funds just by trading profitably.

8. traderjo

traderjo

Dawn I think there is a misunderstanding let me clarify
    - Although my trading record is good, my account size is small and hence looking for prop funding so I can trade bigger a/c + access to tools like Synthetic spreaders
    - What I meant is Diff market same product like between say TOCOM/ SGX /Thai exchange etc and for that a prop will have better margin offset capability and the synthetic spread tools

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
  9. MichalTr

MichalTr

hey @traderjo how looks your story with this ? have you joined the firm ?

10. traderjo

traderjo

No . Can;t find one... specially since this is not a main stream US Spread:sneaky:

#10     May 8, 2022