SPY, XLF, IYT - charts indicate that the Bottom is IN!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by option_trad3r, Mar 29, 2009.

1. S2007S

S2007S

I have to sit back and laugh at you bulls.

The only catalyst for this market is the foolish bulls who continue to throw money into this market thinking an economic recovery is just a few moments away, sad, so very sad.

#31     Apr 14, 2009
  2. Cutten

Cutten

What part of those charts indicates the bottom is in?

#32     Apr 14, 2009
  3. Cutten

Cutten

Do you think a current price below book value is predictive of future price movements? If so, on what timescale, and with what maximum possible adverse price move down before the valuation finally causes the price to move back up.

#33     Apr 14, 2009
  4. Valuation is what has caused the rally, but, as most will admit, may not tell you "when" to buy. The rally off the lows is significant, so I'd venture to say it has already happened. The next part will be to see if we get growth out of earnings.

#34     Apr 14, 2009
  5. Think about the implications of profits for the banks. This is and will continue to be the catalyst, and for all the reasons I've stated including simple price to book ratios.

It is actually sellers who are the stupid ones for selling their stocks for less than they're worth valuation wise. Just stupid valuation with no analysis. Lots of emotion.

#35     Apr 14, 2009
  6. Some people didn't make money at all during this rally.

How is that possible?

You want to be rich or be right? Idiots. Oh .. wait, I forget.. you probably belong to the $25k accounts groupie.

Sad, so very sad!

YEEEHAA! New bull market will take us to at least 1080 on the S&P.. that's the minimum.

#36     Apr 18, 2009
  7. I'm trying to figure that one out, too. Benjamin Graham stated knowing when to buy and when to sell might be more important than what to buy and what to sell. At this point, the frame is quarterly, and may be monthly, as that is the timeframe for most fund managers. Adverse excursion on a market basis I can't determine at this time, but it is a sufficiently interesting question that we'll have the answer for in the next three years when we see what the market does. My opinion is that the bottom was last quarter, and the rally towards the end was based on valuation, and we're still rallying from it. Given that, quarterly looks like the best answer.

Ironically this has nothing to do with charts oncesoever.

#37     Apr 18, 2009
  8. ammo

ammo

tony soprano retires from the mob,billy graham is the new boss,he tells ,pudge,pussy and tucci, to go straight and fix everything,how do u think that plays out,the banks have been scheming for 15 yrs,they made a ton,now tony /billy/joebama/says this was a great scam,lets prop it up until it 's again profitable,r u guys in,lobbyists.banks,hedge funds,brokerage houses say ..hell ya...we are fucked brolinsky...this aint gonna work

#38     Apr 18, 2009
  9. It's like these noobs are are trying anymore. I blame the internet generation. Bottom pickers are gonna get raped. Back in 03 you could be late to the bull party by more than haft a year and you could have still captured 75% of the upside.

#39     Apr 18, 2009
  10. Of course with such a great command of financial acumen, how can I disagree?

#40     Apr 18, 2009