Spydertrader - lay it on the line

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by traderdragon2, May 20, 2007.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

trust but verify is my standard answer.:D

#41     May 30, 2007
  2. Good answer. You'd make a fine diplomat. :p

For the sake of argument, I could fabricate a brilliant trading record on a spreadsheet. You, of course, would trust but verify. How, exactly, would you seek to verify?

#42     May 30, 2007
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

that is attachment from Mak, second post from bottom, btw. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54456&perpage=6&pagenumber=39
    to verify you do what he did then check to see if you get the same result.

#43     May 30, 2007
  4. I see. So what you are suggesting is that I must first learn a method that apparently takes months and months to "get" since many of Jack's pupils annotate charts for months before they feel they are sufficiently ready to read the charts properly to go live.

I don't think so.

You fail to understand my motivation. I am not seeking to learn someone else's trading method. That a trading method can actually be profitable is hardly news. I simply do not believe that an always-in strategy can emerge with no losses. To spend months proving to myself what I already am quite comfortable assuming is a fairly senseless use of my time.

(nkhoi, the following is not specifically addressed to you)

However, that people boast such claims but never provide incontrovertible proof is quite telling. Don't boast and no one will seek verification. Imagine how many converts you would have if only you provided evidence of the performance claims you make. Instead, you expect people to spend months and months of time to learn a method on no other initial basis than faith. Oh come all ye faithful...

#44     May 30, 2007
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

I know, you need a bit of unconventional thinking before you ever want to follow it to the bitter (for some) /better(for others) end.

#45     May 30, 2007
  6. The thing about unconventional thinking is that, on the one hand, it can lead to better understanding while, on the other hand, it is the rationale typically favored by crackpots. Unconventional thinking can certainly be better, but not necessarily so. However, it seems that some people are drawn to the unconventional simply for its own sake.

As for the little I have seen of Jack's stuff, it does not appear to be all that unconventional. However, his glorious claims have launched him into the unconventional stratosphere.

#46     May 30, 2007
  7. Tums

Tums

not everyone is interested in reading this thread.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87746&highlight=hershey

#47     May 30, 2007
  8. Not so! I thought it was hilarious. I laughed, I cried. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. It is fiction on a grand scale. Well, maybe not so grand. But fiction, anyway.

...You do realize that your leg was being pulled...right? Surely you felt the tug, no?

#48     May 31, 2007
  9. how does the size of his house matter anyway

#49     May 31, 2007
  10. volente_00

volente_00

It's not how big's the house it's how happy's the home
    How poor is a rich man who lives all alone

#50     May 31, 2007