Stay away from IB!!!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by daniel5198, Nov 16, 2008.

1. spindr0

spindr0

When IB froze your account, what sort of margin violation did they cause when they were trading your account without your permission?

:D

#11     Nov 16, 2008
  2. Smurfie

Smurfie

So, basically, IB has liquidity problems and are going under, and in their final spasms they randomly pick out a couple of accounts and place them under review for weeks for no reason whatsoever - completely out of the blue - and this group of unfortunate customers happen to be friends by some freak chance?

I find this disturbing ...

#12     Nov 16, 2008
  3. I wouldn't take this lightly if i were you. I don't need this BS. My lawyer says he has the case to screw them. I have enough problems with them as it is, and I am not going to bother to reply to each and every one of your cynical remarks. I warned you as an act of decency. Do with this whatever the f**k you wish. Just don't say you have never been warned.

#13     Nov 16, 2008
  4. moarla

moarla

#14     Nov 16, 2008
  5. It might be that Daniel and his mates (who have too had their accounts frozen) have been picked out by an IB algorithm that searches for patterens where 1 counterparty (Say Daniel) buys a stock(an illiquid one) during illiquid times from another counterparty (say Daniels mate) at an inflated price to try push a price, or maybe the other way around, to crack a price.
    Never say never, there is always a chance that IB is in trouble, but even under the current market environment i believe they are rock solid.
    I'll back IB anyday over someone like Daniel who is freaking out 2 weeks after his account has been frozen. If IB was in trouble then others would have complained 2 weeks ago.

Daniel, you are dilusional

#15     Nov 16, 2008
  6. No problems with my accounts.

#16     Nov 16, 2008
  7. Pirate27

Pirate27

I trade with IB and traded actively all last week and never had any problems nor have I had any problems previously. Very solid well run broker IMO.

#17     Nov 16, 2008
  8. plugger

plugger

BINGO!!!! And I quote: "I have enough problems with them as it is....."

There are two sides to every story. The thread starter has not explained the entire story, there is MUCH more to this story.

#18     Nov 16, 2008
  9. I've been trading 30-40 cars across three different markets with the same speed and execution as normal. At the end of the day my money is there and the cash settles just like they say it does, so no problems here.

#19     Nov 16, 2008
  10. SEC and FBI on your ass for running a stock scam scheme you mean?

#20     Nov 16, 2008