Steel maker ArcelorMittal (NYSE:MT) in trouble

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by earth_imperator, Jul 30, 2022.

1. German media reports that ArcelorMittal S.A. (NYSE:MT) has ordered
    short-time working for the next 2 months for parts of its German branch.

IMO this is due to energy shortages, ie. missing or reduced gas deliveries
    from Russia, as gas is a necessity for this type of industry (steel-making).
    For more info see company profile of MT.

I think many more of such big German industrial conglomerates will follow...

Last edited: Jul 30, 2022
  2. Things are pretty damn bad in Germany right now. Lights shut off early in the day, kinda like what England did in WW2. Water heaters are also being shut off all over the country, prohibition of showers, etc. Who woulda thought this is what ESG & woke-societies were going to come to? Well, I did, but my vote doesn't count.

Very interesting to see first-world countries actually fall behind 3rd world counties in such a quick time-span.

Buckle up for the shit-show guys, they haven't even started to feel the real pain of the food-shortage yet. It's coming.

Thanks for PUTTING it to PUTIN! That bastard is still mocking the West by having the lights on, and he takes warm showers!

earth_imperator likes this.
  3. VicBee

VicBee

I would rather be a German citizen today than a Russian one...

tonyf, Nobert, virtusa and 2 others like this.
  4. M.W.

M.W.

I have family in Germany, none of what you said applies to their city. Where did you get this information from? If you call Germany a behind 3rd world country what do you call the US then with an infrastructure that truly looks at many places as if nuclear bombs just hit? Or a workforce that is mostly comprised of immigrants because it's settled population is either too damn lazy to pick cherries or too damn uneducated and stupid to lead high tech conglomerates? Germany's core business is not steel making or aluminum or farming, it's car design with most cars manufactured abroad and input materials imported, and precision instruments, high tech, and AI.

Not sure which media you are consuming...

5. M.W.

M.W.

I knew it. All bullshit, just pure speculation what might happen in the winter, some media outlets scare mongering.

6. d08

d08

Shutting off streetlights for the night has been a practice in many European cities for a while now, it's not about Russia but savings electricity. Having all streetlights on all night is not smart nor necessary.

VicBee and Nobert like this.
  7. M.W.

M.W.

Hmm, not quite sure when else you want to use street lights other than at night ;-) and if there are too many perhaps questions about overspend should be raised. Besides, most modern Street lights use led technology and their consumption is absolutely miniscule and meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

8. M.W.

M.W.

British gutter journalism drooling over Germany's miseries as usual. That this piece is half truth half lies is apparent by this quote: "The move has seen residents already taking cold showers as they feel the chill of Putin's meddling."

Nobody, repeat, nobody in Germany at current is forced to take cold showers because of Vlad. Irresponsible journalism from the city that got hit by V1s and V2s.

#10     Jul 31, 2022