Stop paying credit cards. Give yourself a bailout!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jueco2005, Mar 26, 2009.

1. LOL

Getting rather personal against me again i see! :D :cool: :p

But for everyone who wants to not payback any creditcards and get away with it (no court apperacnes or anything) heres the step by step checklist of how to do it-

1. Make sure you dont onw a house or car, just rent instead since then theres nothing they can take you to court with the intention of taking from you.

2. Make sure you have ZERO money in the normal bank account for that bank. A they would take money out of it to pay off the card if you do.
    So have a few other bank accounts n only use them for keeping cahs in.

3. If like me you trade for a living, and live in the UK so all your earning is tax-free and dont need to be declared,
    then they wont even watse their time trying to take you to court,
    since it would cost them to do it and if you have no assessets or trace-able fixed income then theres nothing that could be done to do. :)

4. The bank will try calling your mobile phone number about 5x per day, so just black their number so the call never can get through. :)
    And dont ever let banks even know your home phone number.

5. You then write to the bank saying
    ''I have no siezeable assesets, no fixed salaried income, and nothing else that could have a court order taken out on..,
    but so i am willing to make you a token payment of £1 per month.
    Please let me kwno when your ready to setup this as a recurring order to you each month.''

6. They will then try calling you for a few weeks again to try talking about things, but wont be able to get through ever cos you will have blocked their number.
    And if they want to get anything from you they will have to write to you saying ''ok make £1 per month payment'', or will have to write to you saying they will write off all the debt as they just accept they are beaten. :cool:

7. You then go out and buy champagne and celebrate.
    Then just get on with living your life and enjoying it.

:D :cool: :p

#51     Mar 27, 2009
  2. KS96

KS96

You are the guy whose dream is to join the police
    force, right?

#52     Mar 27, 2009
  3. thank you all of for your answers.

My intention on not paying them is to actually pay less. I am not fully informed on this but I hear from people who were struggling to pay their cards and they got excellent deals to pay them back.

It is not an option to me to continue paying them under the bank's term..........to get their attention I wont pay them for a couple of months.

You should try it.

#53     Mar 27, 2009
  4. Mvic

Mvic

5. What kind of a life is there to enjoy when you can't own a house or car, you have to hide what little assets you have, and you're constantly dodging creditors?

Either you're full of it or the laws in the UK are very different because your checklist wouldn't work here:

-- Landlords are increasingly doing credit checks on renters... best case is they might let you rent with a deposit large enough to cover the time it takes to evict you.

-- With a judgement against you almost any non-retirement account can be frozen. You can't open an account in the U.S. without your social security number which, thanks to technology, makes it an open season target for creditors. A deadbeat I know is dependent on his girlfriend like a child is dependent on his mother because everytime he opens an account it's frozen within 30 days... he can't even use an ATM without her permission.

-- You won't get a margin account with a deadbeat credit history and some brokerages won't let you open any account so at best you're stuck being a piker... if you're lucky enough to not have your tiny account seized.

-- When you blow your tiny account as irresponsible people inevitably do, good luck finding a decent job because employers are using credit checks more and more. And when there's so much competition for work, why would anyone hire a deadbeat?

#55     Mar 27, 2009
  6. Why not just declare BK? I know the laws have changed to make it more difficult to wipe away unsecured credit, but I'm sure it can still be done.

#56     Mar 27, 2009
  7. let's see. A bad credit score can make it hard for you:

1) to get jobs at many companies
    2) get loans (car, mortgage, etc.) or, get loans at decent rates
    3) get car insurance at decent rates
    4) get or maintain credit/ credit cards
    5) etc. etc. etc.

In addition, the company will find ways to get the money anyway, including fines, legal fees, and their various "court costs" - it is in your agreement. They can garnish your wages, tax refunds, pensions, social security and do other things to you. The court will be behind them, not you.

#57     Mar 27, 2009
  8. gnome

gnome

Great points! I believe the WORLD is coming to the understanding that there will be LOWER DEMAND FOR EVERYTHING.. and that there is currently an EXCESS OF EVERYTHING, INCLUDING LABOR, in Western economies... which is presently in the process of "adjustment"... In the future many, MANY people will be competing for even less desirable jobs... and if you've got black marks on your credit history, your chances of landing ANY job will be deminished.

As previously perfectly stated... "Why would an employer hire a proven deadbeat when he has so many other choices?..."

Intentionally defaulting on credit card debt could end up the WORST, MOST STUPID, SHORT-SIGHTED, GREEDY, AND EXPENSIVE decision you ever made.

#58     Mar 27, 2009

9. LOL

1stly in UK you dont fuk around with brokers and margin accounts and all that nonsense, as most people much prefer trading trhough sb platforms and not having to deal with a broker ever! :cool:

Landlords dont care about your credit history or where you get your cash from as long as you pay the rent at the start of each month they are fine with it.

Anyone can open a normal bank account no matter what their credit history is like, even young children have bank accounts,
    since all a bank account is is a place wher eyou stick money in and take it out when you need it.

You wont get creditcard accounts if you have bad credit history, but why do you even want one?! lol

You want something you use your money and buy it, end of story,
    If you dont have the cash to buy something you dont get it till you do have the cash.

The whole idea of 'creditcards' is very foolish, since it simply means that you dont have enough cash to buy what you want you just then stock the credit cards into the atm and the money that you need appears! :D

But if you couldnt have bought that thing with your own money before, then you still wont be able to pay the creidt cards off either. lol

You have alot to learn mate

#59     Mar 27, 2009

10. And if you are unemloyed you are entitled to hosuing benefit and jobseekers allowance for as many months or years as ittakes till you do manage to get a job, if you even bother looking for 1 that is.
    And many people dont like to be ambitious or wokr and so dont even bother trying to find work.

But so all the people who dont get a job, whether ots cos of bad credit history or any other reason, they get HB (£600 per month), and JSA (£240 per month) for as many months or years untill they get a job, if they ever do.

And that money comes from all the people who pay tax,
    which is why i trade trhough an SB firm so pay way way higher comissions than you would through broker in usa (£120 comission per each 1lot trade),
    but my income is tax free atleast. :)

*Btw dont waste your time all flaming at me for the law. lol

I didnt set up the economy and enemployment benefits system the way it is,
    im simply a guy living in the real world, looks at how systems are so i know whats the setup, and then i just do whatever i need to get by.

Simple as that

If your unhappy with the economic setup you need to write a letter to the government...,
    so they can put it in their garbage can. :cool: :p

End of the day the systems are how the systems are.
    If the systems changes then people would be forced to change accordingly.

#60     Mar 27, 2009