Study buddy for Al Brooks books

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by supertrader_1, Mar 8, 2022.

1. Hey,

Is anyone interested in studying reviewing and discussing Al Brooks' books? The initial target is about 10-20 pages in a day individually, discuss charts, notes, and learnings as a team.

sridhga likes this.
  2. sridhga

sridhga

I am interested. How do we coordinate? I am reading it every day. Located in India.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
  3. sridhga

sridhga

I prefer his original book over his 3 book series. I have all of them in Kindle. But his first book I bought a hard copy too, so that I can read it again and again.

4. mikeriley

mikeriley

I found Bob Volman's books on the same subject much
    easier to understand, not to mention he provides 10x
    more chart examples.

supertrader_1 and sridhga like this.
  5. I remember Brooks himself mentioning somewhere, he wrote 3 books as the first book was difficult to understand. I want to begin with Book 1: Trading Price Action Trends. I am in India too, we could read separately and review/discuss together with our notes.

sridhga likes this.
  6. padutrader

padutrader

he is God

but that is the problem....not easy to understand God.

i after 14 years now understand a few things and that is enough to get a funded account with top step trader.

be prepared for a lot of pain

7. sridhga

sridhga

That is like 2000 pages of reading. At 10 to 15 pages a day, it works out to about 135 to 200 days of reading.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
  8. I have tried reading his book at a faster pace but that drastically reduced the comprehension. With time I was hoping to get some speed; do you have any recommendations on how to go about?

9. sridhga

sridhga

Do go at your own pace. I cant suggest changes to your pace when comprehension is involved. As far as the original book goes, I read it multiple times. The trilogy, I tried, but did not complete them. I lost time on those 3 books. On hind sight, I should have taken the original book earlier and completed it faster. I tried reading like 30 pages a day, but that can be exhausting. During the course, we tend to forget the concepts we learnt at the beginning. Sometimes we would find some contradictions between different topics. The editors at Wiley have done a lousy job on all those 4 books. I even noticed grammatical errors in the first book. But, broadly everything fell in place after studying it multiple times. Beyond the study, applying it real time is another challenge all together. I am not smart enough to learn it faster and apply them on the markets. Took sometime for me.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
  10. Are you referring to Reading price chars bar by bar?

#10     Mar 10, 2022