Suggestion: "Sticky" threads

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by alanm, Jun 14, 2006.

1. alanm

alanm

I'd like to be able to "pin" certain threads to a list on either the Home page or a "pseudo-forum" (i.e. "My Threads") at the top of the Forums page. I normally read new posts on only a handful of forums, but occasionally wish to watch a certain thread on one of the forums I don't normally read.

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

All you have to do is subscribe to the thread and it will appear on your account page with any other threads you've subscribed to. So it will ultimately function as a pseudo forum in the way you've described.

3. alanm

alanm

Cool. That'll work. I would like to suggest that the option be available to not email me when new posts are added to a subscribed thread.

4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

The option to receive or not receive email notifications can be set in your account options.

5. alanm

alanm

Sorry - I don't see that option. There is an option that sets the default value of the "Email Notification" checkbox at the bottom of the posting form, but this setting doesn't affect the notification of new posts to subscribed threads, right?

That is, I have the option set to "no", but receive emails when a subscribed thread is posted to.

6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

You're right. Somehow I misread your post.

We don't currently have that feature, but I'll check out the code and see what it will take to make it happen.