Taking 320K to 3.5million by Year End 2009

Discussion in 'Journals' started by neke, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Necessary Weekly Compounding To Reach Goal: 5.11%

#51     Jan 31, 2009
  2. lojze

lojze

Hey, stop, BlindLemonBoosh !

How far are you away from your 3,5 million $?

#52     Jan 31, 2009
  3. neke are you a PA only trader, and why do you like spy so

much?..i can think of some bigger movers. But great job anyway!

#53     Jan 31, 2009
  4. SPY is very liquid. If he keeps it up it will be the only instrument he'll be trading.

#54     Jan 31, 2009
  5. Neke, I notice that you seem to be taking on less risk this year... Fewer and smaller option positions... More individual securities. What is the reasoning behind this?

#55     Jan 31, 2009
  6. ya but so is intel and the q's.....

#56     Jan 31, 2009
  7. But not even as close to being as liquid. And my point was that as he increases his position he will incur more slippage trading single stocks. Why do you think that hedge funds tend to focus mainly on S&P futures...

#57     Jan 31, 2009
  8. Neke isnt a day trader so slippage isnt really that big an issue, and if it was, he can always use limit orders which im sure he does anyway.

#58     Feb 1, 2009
  9. Limit orders are for amateurs. Market order in to buy and stop-loss to sell. Only way to trade.

I place a market order in to buy then set my stop-loss to sell and thats it. It cant be done with thinly traded securities.

As Niki uses more and more leverage and $$$, he cant utilize thinly traded stocks. It would take him about 2-3 hours to get out of a stock position trading less then 1 million in volume.

Pretty much he is limited to 5 million+ stocks like Apple and Google.

http://finance.yahoo.com/actives?e=us

#59     Feb 1, 2009
  10. rofl he doesn't trade that much size. it doesn't take too long to get out of 9000 shares on something that trades a million a day. the liquidity is there.

#60     Feb 1, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.