tampa's Revenge

Discussion in 'Journals' started by tampa, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Being reasonable will get you nowhere :)

#31     Dec 8, 2004
  2. tampa

tampa

The years have not been kind to this trader - caffeine, chocolate, and nicotine have left me but an empty shell of the fearless young man who once was. I find that anything less than a five-minute chart causes me to twitch uncontrollably, and gives me hives.

#32     Dec 8, 2004

3. Well, me too. Especially the extravagant use of alcohol. But it's
    just something we just have to live with. And sometimes an
    extra twitch can lead to a good trade by mistake... IF we hit the
    keyboard or mouse just right... :)

#33     Dec 8, 2004
  4. May I suggest the wonderful rejuvenating effects of watching the occasional good movie? I've subscribed to such a service for the past year and found inspiration and a renewed sense of purpose from watching some old favorites. It does take the sharp edge off the rough days and allows a faster recovery than having a pity party. Good luck with your trading.

bd

#34     Dec 8, 2004
  5. tampa

tampa

How is it possible that a middle aged woman, sitting clear on the other end of the house, can hear the sound of a mouse click?

The market had just opened, and there it was – a sure thing trade. Not only do I jump in, but I put on some serious size – two contracts. No sooner had I entered the order, when this crazed woman – the wife – bursts in my office flailing her arms, fire shooting from her nostrils, and screaming at the top of her lungs: “NO, NO, NO!” She starts to choke me, and by the time I wrestle her to the floor, the market moves against me, and I’m down 28 points – x2.

Anyway, I tie her up, put duct tape over her mouth – she’s been known to call the neighbor lady in to help keep me from trading - leave her down in the basement, next to the furnace, and go back to my computer. Only this time I don’t take any chances. I locked my door, and slid the bookcase up against it. So what do I see? A Shamu is setting up. A big fat juicy Shamu, ripe for the taking! I start to go for my mouse – and with God as my witness – I hear the awful sound of glass shattering, I turn around just in time to see a wild woman – it’s the wife again – holding a carving fork! WHAMP! She sticks that thing in my hand, pinning it to the desk, just out of reach of the mouse. She starts in to this hysterical, sick kind of laughter, and say: “Try trading now, you turkey.”

Of course I missed the rest of this morning’s session while I was down at the Family Walk-in Medical Clinic getting my poor hand attended to – cost me $371.65, plus Lord only knows how much in lost profits.

Now my hand is so sore I don’t know if I’ll be able to concentrate on the market this afternoon - it’s just one thing after another.

#35     Dec 8, 2004
  6. Tampa I suggest slipping her some zanax in the morning coffee, and encouraging her to partake in an afternoon scotch.

who knows you may even rekindle the old flame....:D

#36     Dec 8, 2004
  7. tampa

tampa

Dirty Rackafratz!

Pardon my language, but it’s happening AGAIN!

If I trade something like the 133 tick, I do kinda OK. But after the close when I look at the five-minute – holy cow! It seems that without fail on those days the YM bags like 50 or more points with clear easy to trade signals. But when I try to trade it – NOTHING. Nothing at all.

I don’t understand. I lead a good decent life – I help little old ladies across the street, walk the straight and narrow, go to church three times a week, and all that kind of stuff. OK, so I’m pulling your leg – in reality I am a worthless S.O.B. But none of that should have an effect on the miserable YM!

All I want is one of those 50-60 point days that Woodie seems to have two or three times a week. So at this point I am ready to sell my soul – yes, I am willing to cut a deal with the devil! If any one reading this knows how to get in touch with the evil one, please contact me at your earliest opportunity..

I mean I’m not crazy – right? You’ve seen Woodie go over the YM at the end of the day, and there are always tons of points to be had – right? Come on, tell me I'm not crazy…

Look at this mess...

#37     Dec 8, 2004
  8. tampa

tampa

By the way, I was not referring to that low life moron Subliminal in my previous post when Ialked about "the evil one".

P,S. Magna, this should not count as one of my unsolicited personal attacks against other members. After all it was directed at Subliminal, and he shouldn't count. Thank you in advance.

#38     Dec 8, 2004
  9. I suggest sticking with the 133 tick and ramping up your size to 20 lots.
    Some things are better left unsaid.
    3 points times 20 contracts is... voila... 60 points.

Traders helping traders :)

#39     Dec 8, 2004
  10. tampa

tampa

In my last journal I talked about how to reduce doing or saying stupid things. The idea was to require any one guilty to ride around on a jackass all day.

Had my idea been implemented, Mister hee haw Subliminal would have saddle sores.

#40     Dec 8, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.