Tastytrade Review + Criticism

Discussion in 'Options' started by Lucas, May 27, 2015.

1. I remember the Tim Sykes interview, it was a low point for them and I think Tom immediately regretted it judging from his comments later.

I can tell that there is friction between the research team and Tom. Tom is a gut-check trader trying and struggling to morph into a systematic trader. He has been loath to discuss things like equity curves, drawdowns and days to recover drawdowns (they just recently started sporadically including this critical performance info). Tail risk is huge in premium selling and quantifying that risk properly is critical. Love some of their research but they should be doing so much more.

#121     Jun 1, 2016
  2. There's a reason why they call it think-or-shit or tasty shit. No P&L disclosed, mediocre ideas, very high risk selling options on individual stocks, tons of commissions for TOS,

#122     Jun 1, 2016
    Pekelo and Chubbly like this.
  3. dealmaker

dealmaker

I wonder if she'll be able to raise money anymore...

#123     Jun 1, 2016
    Chubbly likes this.
  4. SEC did it for us!

#124     Jun 1, 2016
    traderob and Chubbly like this.
  5. Macca1

Macca1

TastyTrades most prolific figure turns out to be the very crook that the show despises, and far worse than the legitimate funds that the show regularly attacks.

...I hope TD don't force ET into shutting down these Tasty Trade threads again. :(

#125     Jun 1, 2016
    Chubbly and DTB2 like this.
  6. Chubbly

Chubbly

If TastyTrade is going to have any thread of legitimacy they will should cover this on the show. If they go on blabbing like it it didn't happen they may as well close the shop.

#126     Jun 2, 2016
    Macca1 likes this.
  7. traderob

traderob

good call.

#127     Jun 8, 2016
  8. I found TastyTrade to be excellent in delivering good option ideas and technicals.
    However, their lack of P&L tracking for their own trades makes them unattractive as a trading service.

#128     Jun 8, 2016
  9. Zx
    They don't have a P and L because if they did it would show big losses...obviously

Tastrytrade exists for one reason and one reason only: to generate fat commissions for think or swim

#129     Jun 9, 2016
  10. Karen Burton is about to be indicted as a MINI MADOFF. Check out the SEC filing where she is accused of running Ponzi type scheme where she moved losses to the future while showing gains in the present month and billing commission off these fake gains.

http://macro-ops.com/karen-the-supertrader-goes-rogue/

or

https://www.thestreet.com/story/135...ing-strategy-relied-on-fraud-sec-alleges.html

I think this goes to the mantra of what TT is all about; Basically being an infomercial for TDAM to generate commission by trading small and often. What they do is not an edge and will not give you a positive expected value.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    #130     Oct 20, 2016