TC2000 version 20

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by hughb, Jan 9, 2023.

1. hughb

hughb

I've been using the old tc2000 version 7 for many years and I just found out today it is no longer supported. I downloaded the newest version today and I was able to import my settings from the old version 7.

It seemed to be okay at first but somehow I've lost the chart view. When I select "watch lists" and then select "buy watch" there is a small window in the middle of my screen. If i click on a symbol to view the chart, the screen is blank.

I know this is an idiot question, but I've been using the old version for over 15 years now and I have not been able to figure this out.

I'm on a windows HP laptop.

I apologize for asking such a stupid question but I"m at my wits end here. If anybody here can walk me through this I'd really appreciate it.

2. Bad_Badness

Bad_Badness

Probably the best route is to rebuild your lists. Export the list from Ver 7 into a file and read them into the new version as an "import".

If it fails. In the new version, create a small list. Export it. Examine the file format. Then modify the old version's format to match the new version' format then import them.

Of course you will have to use Excel or something similar to open, examine and possibly modify the lists.

Should be doable, good luck

PS: it is still a worthy program for investing research, imo.

hughb likes this.
  3. hughb

hughb

Thank you. I will try it later. I think I need to shut this down and go clear m y head for now.

4. Mark2m

Mark2m

Sent you PM, plus email, using TC2K V7 and 20 for 16+ years.

hughb likes this.
  5. hughb

hughb

Thanks.

I've been working with the Version 20 for a couple of days not and I think I have it figured out. I was able to import my settings from the old version 7 and I found all my personal lists. I think I'll be okay now.

The problem I had with the V7 was that it started crashing everytime I tried to resort a report on a watch list. The support chat told me that it is a known issue, but they no longer support Version 7. So I'm SOL. I have to go to Version 20 to sort my lists now/

6. hughb

hughb

Curious - why do you run both versions of software. I think I'll delete my old version 7 now.

7. Mark2m

Mark2m

Neither interferes, on version 7 i have years of information downloaded from various web sites. I can easily add info on the screen ie: lower dividends, bear trap, etc. Visually its better the only drawback is unable to go to 3 minute charts since I don't have premium. Easier for me to glance at watchlists , again its all visual. I also work with 4 screens so it doesnt take any realestate.
    I had that issue before that you mentioned although there is a repair that has worked for me in the utility program.
    It is my goto program although V20 helps with decisions on 3 minute and one minute decision in purchasing. The only major drawback I have found for me is the total lack of utilizing fibonacci. If they only had proper fibs, therefore using another charting program.
    For years, I also have easily downloaded from V7 to V20, or visa versa, the only drawback I found is I have added some Fibs to the V7 chart or comments as stated above that don't translate to V20.

hughb likes this.