Tech Stocks Keep Tanking?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by RedSun, Jan 10, 2022.

1. RedSun

RedSun

Any people buying dips?

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Stupid people trying to front run fed decisions.

Be like Ackman. Make "presentations" to the Fed, get friendly with them so you can front run them with confidence.

Axon and RedSun like this.
  3. at the end of the year, i sold everything and I’ve been accumulating faangs+ and value/cyclicals. Already down ca. 5%. DOW, S&P500, Nasdaq, etc aren’t showing the massive losses in specific stocks.

4. RedSun

RedSun

This seems like a wholesale "risk off" trades. Crypto, tech, meme, SPACs and some IPOs. Wonder if traders load up tech stocks ahead of the earnings game. Or money is tight.

5. In Spring 2000 when the bubble finally popped most Dot Coms, Fiber, IPO’s were already down 50%+

The underlying carnage was masked by MSFT CSCO ORCL DELL QCOM INTC SUNW which held up the indices.

Sound familiar?

Once they topped the real bloodbath began.

6. I was not aware of this, thanks for sharing. Amazing.

Clubber Lang likes this.
  7. RedSun

RedSun

But as long as Apple, Google, MSFT and TSLA still up in the sky, S&P and NASDAQ can still hold up well. We all know TSLA and Cryptos are bubbles. But....

8. Buying the dip strategy works great until it doesnt.

KCalhoun, Nobert and murray t turtle like this.
  9. People we're posting about this dip not being normal... others were commenting how these posters always say that, but for me I saw legit TA and other reasons, for the probability saying same thing they were. Yet to see if it continues to play out of course, But I am still long term bearish markets + BTC.

10. smallfil

smallfil

Read the stockcharts. I saw weakness in a lot of stocks where trends are reversing. Took the precaution and hedge my long positions. My long positions are being hammered but, I hope to more than make that up on my short positions. The stockcharts do not lie. Hacks on cable TV, CNBC, Bloomberg and our ET trolls all lie.

#10     Jan 10, 2022
    murray t turtle, Leob and vanzandt like this.