?Terrorists don’t kill for their religion. It’s something else entirely

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by OddTrader, Aug 4, 2017.

1. I believe extensive research has been done, whether the results would be opened to the public is another issue.

afaik, there was a post-war plan and budge to rebuild the war torn country (Iraq) originally, but due to totally unexpected/unplanned years of extended war time which used up all monies. Leaving a lot of post-war problems unresolved/to-be-resolved. A very good and expensive lesson to learn.

[​IMG]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_policy_of_the_George_W._Bush_administration

Luckily the US is geographically located far away from the previously major war zones. !!! Refugees cannot possibly easily reach the US shores.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    #21     Aug 18, 2017
  2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

There was some argument that oil revenues from Iraq would pay for the war. Clearly that never happend. I don't know where those monies went.

#22     Aug 18, 2017
  3. More:

* US and Britain wrangled over Iraq's oil in aftermath of war, Chilcot ...
    https://www.theguardian.com/.../us-...r-iraqs-oil-in-aftermath-of-war-chilcot-shows - Cached
    7 Jul 2016 ... The US and British governments fought bitterly over control of Iraq's oil following the toppling of Saddam Hussein, the Chilcot papers show.

* Why the war in Iraq was fought for Big Oil - CNN - CNN.com
    www.cnn.com/2013/03/19/opinion/iraq-war-oil-juhasz/index.html - Cached
    15 Apr 2013 ... U.S. Marines in northern Kuwait gear up after receiving orders to cross the Iraqi border on March 20, 2003. It has been more than 10 years ...

* Why Oil Was a Prime Motivator For the Iraq War - Newsweek
    www.newsweek.com/why-oil-was-prime-motivator-iraq-war-478764 - Cached
    10 Jul 2016 ... So what part did oil really play in the Iraq War? ... of Iraq's reserves was always going to be a huge gain for U.S. and British oil corporations. ... countries in the Middle East has become increasingly important after World War II.

* The War For Oil Myth | Frontpage Mag
    www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/182499/war-oil-myth-arnold-ahlert - Cached - Similar
    21 Mar 2013 ... If America went to war in Iraq mostly for oil, it would stand to reason that we ... Ten years after the war began, China has emerged as one of the ...

* EconoSpeak: Who Got Iraq's Oil Ten Years After the War Started?
    econospeak.blogspot.com/.../who-got-iraqs-oil-ten-years-after-war.html - Cached - Similar
    20 Mar 2013 ... While the war was still in full swing, I used to post a lot about the details of what was going on in the oil sector in Iraq, possessor of the fifth ...

#23     Aug 18, 2017
  4. Humpy

Humpy

The oil issues were just a smokescreen by the Israelis and their Jewish brothers in the US to smash Israel's enemies. First on the list Iraq with its large army. Now Syria and tomorrow Iran.
    Egypt was bought off by the US giving billions to the Egyptian army. Minor players like Libya and Algeria in ruins too.

#24     Aug 18, 2017
  5. I think the US has reached a point of diminishing returns status. Her competitive advantage has become less and less from now on. Huge national debt!

Any further advance development in military and space would contribute little directly on her economy's future, possibly. Just like another Japan for the last 30/40 years.

The main reason is there will be not many products that the US produce but other countries cannot. Especially, the US brands in the international markets could be affected negatively due to current international relations, with Europe, ME, China, Asia, Canada, South America, etc.

For many of the current products, their patent protection periods are nearly gone. Protectionism could be useful for lasting just a bit longer, but no overall growth. Lack of money for building new infrastructure. Any war could make the US economy even worse. imo

My view is the US should merge ultimately with Canada and South America, to form a union like EU or the merge of west and east Germany. That could be the positive solution, after all, for the US. Based on the proven success of EU and Germany. The overall size of the cake/market/pool needs to grow into a bigger and bigger size, in order to grow the economy.

Japan should merge its economy closely with Korea, Taiwan and Indonesia in order to help/save Japan's growth.

ME should do the same, in order to attain final and lasting peace. Africa countries, too!

People should understand, war is the common enemy to them. War should be eliminated!

LOL

#25     Aug 18, 2017
    drcha likes this.
  6. " ?Terrorists don’t kill for their religion. It’s something else entirely "

Another possible cause that I have been thinking for some time is some of the terror acts were carried out by the people who were emotionally or psychologically traumatised during the time living in war zone.

They were actually victims by wars, and sometimes still are even after migrating in western countries.

The new migrants after risking their life during the local war and then the risky asylum journey should be provided with healing and counselling for a long period of time, instead of treating them completely well and normal without any emotional hurt.

#26     Aug 18, 2017
  7. The best outcome:

#27     Aug 18, 2017
  8. Humpy

Humpy

Islam and the other religions should use their great influences to preach peace and cooperation.
    Terrorism by feral humans is entirely unacceptable.

#28     Aug 19, 2017
  9. #29     Aug 19, 2017
  10. maxpi

maxpi

There is method to the muzzie madness. They have a four stage plan to destroy all our stuff and lives. When they are few they play the victim, foster terrorism but also distance themselves from it, pretending to be non-violent religious people. They remind me of the Aliens in Mars Attacks. They would always start with "we come in peace" and follow it almost immediately with an attack...

#30     Aug 20, 2017