Tesla CEO Elon Musk is reportedly under SEC investigation over Dogecoin tweets

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Butterfly, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Butterfly

Butterfly

Elon Musk is reportedly under SEC scrutiny again over alleged cryptocurrency manipulation. In 2018, the SEC filed a lawsuit against Musk over a tweet, which resulted in Musk stepping down as Chairman of the board for Tesla. Tesla and Musk also each had to pay $20 million in fines. Musk has been talking a lot about cryptocurrency lately, and his tweets have been very influential over the value of some coins, particularly Dogecoin.

https://electrek.co/2021/02/25/tesla-ceo-elon-musk-reportedly-under-sec-investigation-over-dogecoin-tweets/

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

Musk is rejoicing he gets to fight another battle with SEC I bet.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

Every time I think dodge coin got to 10 billion marker cap, I just smile. As this is the greatest show in trading community right now.

Nobert and Sprout like this.
  4. Sprout

Sprout

Crypto’s are not securities and he’s not bound by any fiduciary duty, nor does the SEC have any jurisdiction.

He likes dogs and memes.

The case is much different than the former guy use of tweets.

2CEDA102-2E4B-4192-BFB4-CB1DD73BB53A.jpeg

5. Sprout

Sprout

They are a pretty irrelevant and funny community with an endless amount of optimism.

murray t turtle likes this.
  6. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

It's so cute how the SEC thinks that they can intimidate Elon Musk when they probably have nothing on him, and he already knows it....

Nobert likes this.
  7. RedDuke

RedDuke

best show so far in trading world.

Nobert likes this.
  8. Butterfly

Butterfly

I like it how clueless morons who support blindly Elton Musk no matter what, and their shitcoins, have all legal degrees that can challenge the SEC jurisdiction LOL :)

9. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

Yep, just as I was saying...

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/elon-musk-sec-probe-dogecoin-tweets-would-be-awesome

Elon Musk thinks it's a huge joke because they litterally have nothing on him. And even if they did, 20 million bucks would be like 20 cents to you or me.

The SEC is just trying really hard to make it seem like their jobs are important over something they have no control over. And I don't even think they have juristiction over personal messages on social media, not with our 'Freedom of Speech' by the good constitution.

And after they do nothing about it, everyone will know how easy it is to work together against these market movers....

Have a great day everyone...

10. bone

bone

Much ado about absolutely nothing.

#10     Mar 1, 2021
    murray t turtle and Trader Curt like this.