The Bible Is an Outdated Relic

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by expiated, Mar 29, 2023.

1. expiated

expiated

Actually...committing sin doesn't necessarily condemn one to hell, but rather, it is rejecting Yeshua Hamashiach as one's Lord and Savior (in effect, remaining spiritually separated from the Creator of the universe) that accomplishes this.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2023
    #11     Apr 1, 2023
    aquarian1 likes this.
  2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

not according to the religious right in America.

#12     Apr 1, 2023
  3. expiated

expiated

Galations 1:6-2

"I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel—not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ.

"But, even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed!

"For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.

"For I would have you know, brothers, that the gospel that was preached by me is not man's gospel. For I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ."

If such is the case, then people should not listen to the religious right in America.

#13     Apr 1, 2023
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

The religious right in America is a few stones away from becoming the taliban.

#14     Apr 1, 2023
    semperfrosty, Cuddles and themickey like this.
  5. themickey

themickey

Hollow, empty, meaningless words of one eyed biased cultists.
    "....Join me or you are a gonner, buggered, destined to fail."
    It's akin me saying, "if you don't trade the way I trade then you're not a trader".

accursed

adjective

• under a curse.
        'the Angel of Death walks this accursed house'
        synonyms: cursed, under a curse, damned, doomed, condemned, ill-fated, ill-omened, jinxed, wretched, blighted, anathematized
      • used to express strong dislike of or anger at someone or something.
        'this accursed country!'
        synonyms: hateful, detestable, loathsome, foul, abominable, damnable, odious, obnoxious, despicable, execrable, horrible, horrid, ghastly, awful, dreadful, terrible, annoying, irritating, infuriating, exasperating, damned, damn, blasted, beastly, pesky, pestilential, infernal, blimming, scurvy, loathly
    Using this word by a so called godly person shows how screwed up they are, pot calling kettle black.
    Christians: intolerant, unbending, spreaders of hate, always believing they are right when ignoring the fact they are deeply flawed humans with deeply flawed indoctrinations.

#15     Apr 1, 2023
  6. themickey

themickey

If you think of GOP, and the Christian evangelicals, they have one thing in common, spreaders of hate and turmoil, wolves pretending to be sheep.
    Intolerant of humans different to them.

#16     Apr 1, 2023
    Cuddles likes this.
  7. vanzandt

vanzandt

Van 4:1:23
    "...do not be like the idiots ('inexperienced' would be a better word I guess.... more biblical)... and trust this market to keep going up."

#17     Apr 1, 2023
    ElCubano likes this.
  8. vanzandt

vanzandt

Van Proverbs 4:3:23-4:6:23
    Enjoyeth the ride, but he who beteth the farm, will descend 'neath the heels of those with much bigger feet."

#18     Apr 1, 2023
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

How about updated? You know like automata weapons and online privacy.

Alien invasion?

#19     Apr 2, 2023
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

Sin is relative. Your sin could be my pleasure.

#20     Apr 2, 2023