The Business of Meditation and Trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by jinxu, Sep 4, 2016.

1. jinxu

jinxu

Not sure where to post this and get answer.

In the past couple of years I've develop a pretty powerful new form of meditation that originally was to help me with my trading but found out if gave many health benefits:

Scientific Benefits of Meditation – 76 things you might be missing out on
    http://liveanddare.com/benefits-of-meditation/

While a lot of people are somewhat aware there are health benefits, the current traditional way of doing meditation is very hard to do many people.

Why We Find It Hard to Meditate
    http://www.mindful.org/why-we-find-it-hard-to-meditate/

However, the idea I've came up with is to do my meditation therapy while I am sleeping. I won't disclose the process but the purpose of this is to trigger deeper sleep stages so I wake up feeling very charged up. I think this is an idea that can help a lot of people. But I'm not sure how to go about start a business plan with this.

I want to know how I could turn this into a business idea? If possible? Who can help?
    I want to do this as a side project when I go trading full time.

Some idea I have thought of are:
    -Propose this idea to the rich from San Francisco as they are more willing to give it a try
    -Start a blog about meditation and sleep and sell something on the side and hope people visit it.
    -Create a meditation app on android or apple

I'm not expecting big money from this. Even if this just give a few extra dollar of income I would be fine. My full income will come from trading.

dealmaker likes this.
  2. I'm sick of hearing about this bullshit. There is NO SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE that proves meditation provides any benefit to your health or trading account.

motif and traderob like this.
  3. jinxu

jinxu

It's probably people most people don't meditate the right way therefore any measured benefit is low. However it's not true there is no scientific study. The scientific evidence is there. Take this article about a monk who has been meditating for years. His brain scans show a lot of benefit compare to the average:

http://comfortpit.com/superhuman-benefits-of-meditation/

As for trading account, I myself is a scientific evidence that on days when I meditate I make more money. :D

Naturex likes this.
  4. Simples

Simples

5. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

On the surface, I agree with profitlocker. Cause and effect is a big big stretch. Firefighters being on the scene of a fire does not mean a firefighter started the blaze. However, If one believes trading involves mental clarity and discipline, there COULD BE a correlated benefit.

Personally, I use music. Instrumental, isochronic, and a little 432Hz and 528Hz throughout the trading day, is my office muzak. That works FOR ME in real-time.

6. speedo

speedo

Actually there is substantial clinical evidence of the benefits of mediation should you care to look. Beyond that, criticizing a process which has provided a great many with health, focus, insight and all around improved brain function makes one appear as a fool.

Naturex, wrbtrader and dealmaker like this.
  7. Placebo effect can make us appear as fools too, but I know better. Like my neighbor who thinks his 20k stereo speakers blow away my 2k ones, even though there is a tiny measurable difference. Humans have a hard time accepting that they've wasted time or money.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  8. Simples

Simples

Placebo is commonly used as control group in hundreds of studies on subjects like meditation, yoga, breathing exercises, etc. That there are effects and that they can be positive is beyond any reasonable doubt at this stage. There are studies showing change in DNA gene expression as well as physical changes to the brain.

But, instead of using the scientific method, people should save time and effort, and just take notes from you?

That it's hard to conclude on new knowledge has not hindered scientific progress before. Why abandon scientific principles now?

Naturex, wrbtrader and speedo like this.
  9. You still don't get it. There is NO REAL scientific evidence. It's all fluff. I'd rather invest my time in hookers and cocaine.

#10     Sep 4, 2016