The current best supplement combo against Covid-19

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pekelo, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

[ NAC has entered the chat. ]

"Angela Nicholson4 days ago (edited)
    NAC was a game-changer for me after being ill for four months from December. I'm asthmatic. No tests were being done during my time in my country. I had a horrible, deep lung cough that I've never had anything like in my life, not even when ill with asthma or chest infections, after the initial fever and flu feelings, which continued for three months. I took high dose rosehip and zinc, and L-lysine, but i heard on this channel about NAC and remembered id bought some last year. I took it and in no time, my lungs improved dramatically."

"Kimber R3 days ago
    Same for me. I would start wheezing every evening and would have tons of mucus. Asthmatic too. Started taking NAC and it made a huge difference for me. Wheezing stopped and I’m using less tissues! Game changer for me. Heard about NAC here at Med Cram."

------------------------------------

So as a summary:

For prevention: vit D (4000 IU) and vit C (1 g), (vit K (100 mcg) added because of D) and a little Zinc ( 2-5 mg), if thought to be Zinc sufficient. Magnesium before bedtime for helping with the D.

When symptoms start or after possible exposure:

Max. out Zinc at 40 mg elemental with EGCG and/or Quercetin added. Now we can add NAC to the picture.

There could be a couple of more supplements, but this is already getting to be a lot and the basic defenders are already included.

Disclaimer: This advice is based on my own google fu research.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    wrbtrader likes this.
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

This is exactly what I've been taking plus Omega 3 since Day 1 of the Pandemic but will not be adding NAC to my supplements.

Also, my diets includes foods that are naturally high in Vit D, C, Zinc and Magnesium with the supplements for a synergistic boost.

wrbtrader

3. Pekelo

Pekelo

You don't have to. I don't think it has preventive effect. But once you got the virus, it is probably not a bad idea. I have NAC in the cabinet and will only take it if I am coughing like hell.

The same with Zinc. Supposedly half of the population is deficient of Zinc, but if you think you are not, it is enough to start it after noticing symptoms. (with the ionophores) Although taking Zinc during the winter months can be preventive against the flu...

4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

In 2016 when I came out of a 2 month coma from the septic pneumonia...

Zinc was actually prescribed to me because my levels were too low and then a month later and about 3 more weeks in quarantine...I was given a Flu vaccination...

My arm pit swelled up like a softball. Extremely painful...a reaction to the Flu vaccination. Took about a week for the swelling to go down and it was uncomfortable too because I had to lie down flat on the bed with my arm up next to my ear / hand on the top of my head for that entire week while the swelling slowly went down.

Blood draws 4x per day, blood transfusions and other stuff they pumped into me even after a 2 month coma...felt like a lab rat being experimented on.

Zinc, Vit D, Magnesium is what they gave me everyday of that quarantine and then for another 2 month while in rehab. I started taking them on my own when the Pandemic started.

Don't want to experience that situation again in the hospital...the isolation was truly mind bending. I remember one day drawing up a "escape plan" and which nurse I would take out first. :D

That escape plan changed after I met my future girlfriend...new nurse with experience dealing with quarantine patients.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    CaptainObvious and Pekelo like this.