The Darkest Storm is About to Descend - You Can't Imagine the Carnage

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Agreed.

The other one that is utter bullshit is when 'Investment Advisors' show up to plug their book in CNBC and claim "there's so much money on the sidelines, it has to work its way into the equity market."

Sounds like a "I see a lot of value out there"-esque Abby Joseph Cohen like moment.

*cough* Bullshit! *cough*

#321     Jan 15, 2009
  2. Right.

The only problem is that technically, psychologically, politically and globally its a mess.

"Its a mess" - attrib to P. Voelker

#322     Jan 15, 2009
  3. e#21

e#21

Where is the cash flowing?

If there is no cash, then what is there?

If there is no cash, how could printing money cause inflation?

#323     Jan 15, 2009
  4. Here's one for you. (These calls are always predicated with "you aren't going to believe this........." and I say, "Yeah, I will."

A respected former analyst (work with me here) from Societie Generale says China is in freefall with negative GDP that they won't report because they lie (again, work with me). They will devalue the Wong or Wang or Woe, or whatever their fucking money is, and start a trade war which will lead to a Great Depression.

I saw nothing there that surprised me.

#324     Jan 15, 2009
  5. jem

jem

I did some research on depressions in college and someone posted a good article.

Our depression was bad as it was because we were the supplier. The trades wars did not hurt Europe nearly as badly.

China probably would not be able to send us into a depression. If they cut off the flow of their stuff - we would be forced to manufacturer more here, in Mex and South America.

Of course China might lose control of its population and go "nuclear" on us or them. That might have a negative effect on our GDP.

#325     Jan 15, 2009
  6. Futures surging.

I think the carnage will have to be put on hold. Krugman and these other doom and gloom losers will be proven wrong this time as they have in the past.

#326     Jan 15, 2009
  7. Anybody got any recommendations on a good overview of the Depression, or depressions in general? Not one written by an Economics Professor. Something a bit lighter, anecdotal, entertaining. I'm already depressed. I don't need to become suicidal.

#327     Jan 15, 2009
  8. Grapes of Wrath

#328     Jan 15, 2009
  9. Grapes of Wrath??

#329     Jan 15, 2009
  10. wikipedia ?

#330     Jan 15, 2009