The Economist - Most Liveable Cities 2011

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Kassz007, Feb 22, 2011.

1. That's true for some people, and not true for others. It also depends on what province/state you live in. It's much more difficult to compare personal income tax rates due to all of the various deductions available in both countries, as well as taking into account services offered. For example, Canada has historically taxes the upper bracket more heavily than the USA, but also provides services such as healthcare.

#61     Feb 23, 2011
  2. Skiing, pond hockey, snowball fights, days off from work/school because of too much snow - come on that's all good stuff!

#62     Feb 23, 2011
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

Lived there. I miss it, but don't miss it...

I liked it there in the 70's and early 80's. Those were good times. Best food around, fun people, and of course, the weather. Or should I say heat? Lol The humidity is wicked!

The bad:
    Corruption, crime, and people who seem to have lost any common sense they had many moons ago.

I'd recommend living OUTSIDE of the city, or just going there to visit.

I could go on about the stuff that I saw before and after the Katrina mess that would blow you away! Yes, only the idiots stayed in Nawlins as Katrina came closer. The blacks there felt that once all the people leave, they can steal. Not racist. Just a fact. Sad!

You asked about San Diego. Been going there every three months for the last seven years for a week (sometimes longer) imo, San Diego is 100:1 what New Orleans is vs. What New Orleans once was...

#63     Feb 23, 2011
  4. Helsinki is a very nice city but I recommend going in the summer.

#64     Feb 23, 2011
  5. Honestly, do you prefer toronto to Karachi?

#65     Feb 23, 2011
  6. This should be renamed "most liveable cities, if you are white, boring, and enjoy funding a property bubble." Ah, I see it's compiled by the Economist...

#66     Feb 23, 2011
  7. #67     Feb 23, 2011
  8. :confused:

#68     Feb 23, 2011
  9. With all due respect, people on here and elsewhere have been calling the Canadian property market a bubble for years now. They claim it is about to pop at any moment. Well, I'm still waiting....

But of course, once the broken clock syndrome kicks in, these people will claim victory.

#69     Feb 23, 2011
  10. Fine. IMO you lack objectivity. Alberta is solid because of crude the others not so much. We both know that history will show.

You know when prices divert to far from mean they return.

#70     Feb 23, 2011