the end of UK.. RIP.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Batman28, Jan 18, 2009.

1. If you've got nothing to hide,what's wrong with proving who you are,,I have nothing to hide.

or we could do it the fat yank way where you let terrorists into your country let them learn to fly planes in your country and then they turn them on you.

#121     Jan 20, 2009
  2. DrEvil

DrEvil

I am not a slave, why should I carry around identification at all times. Europe got on just fine before I.D cards. The madrid bombers had I.D cards, ETA have I.D cards. So what, it doesn't stop terrorism. It takes away the civil liberties of everyone to achieve nothing.

#122     Jan 20, 2009
  3. Who said you are a slave?We live in a world where there needs to be more protection for innocent people if it means an ID card so what.

I have had 2 friends who have been the victims of identity theft and can tell you it's such a pain in thte arse you wouldn't believe,if it were to deter situations like that all the better.

#123     Jan 20, 2009
  4. DrEvil

DrEvil

Identity theft still happens in Europe btw. I.D cards can be faked. Anything can be faked which is why I.D cards will eventually evolve to include D.N.A data. All the problems I.D cards were said to prevent in Europe still continue today, so why should I pay for this useless card that forces me give up more civil liberties. There is no guarantee that down the road the government in charge will not have a very different agenda to the current one. Forced carrying of I.D allowed the nazis to ringfence the jews and you know how that turned out.

#124     Jan 20, 2009
  5. I think you're wrong so we'll have to agree to disagree,as I've already said I've got nothing to hide and honestly a few hundred quid for an ID card isn't going to break me so the cost isn't an issue for me either

#125     Jan 20, 2009
  6. look,

I don't think everyone is stupid here. We know the issues it's crystal clear.

The question is how do we change it. What's the solution? How can we make things better?

For a start, how can we get rid of the Monarchy? We need ideas that can be put to action and we need people who will act. Not just get colourful on internet message boards.

How do we get this country back and set REAL laws that protect us from the scammers and exploiters?

The real question is do you want to live a meaningful happy life or be a slave to this aristocracy?

Are you prepared to fight for it? Get UP and ACT?

That's the question.

#126     Jan 20, 2009
  7. just21

just21

Tax land owners www.landvaluetax.org instead of income. That will transform and incentivise the country. Cut spending on welfare and other government waste eg trident, severely limit immigration during the recession, make asylum seekers apply at the nearest British embassy. The solutions are obvious but even a change of government will mean more of the same.

#127     Jan 20, 2009
  8. 4XQs

4XQs

The thing is, ID cards does not provide any protection.

Next thing, muslims will need to wear a golden crescent on their chest...

#128     Jan 20, 2009
  9. achilles28

achilles28

Is that how you justify living in a Police State?

Got nothing to hide?

So much for civil liberties...

And once they're done taking your rights, you'll find out just how "safe" you really are.

Dumb Fuck.

#129     Jan 20, 2009
  10. When you find out what a 'police state' actually is you will be able to post with a little more knowledge until then do me a favour and piss off you shit on my shoes fat yank cunt.

#130     Jan 20, 2009